What more do I need?

ger1ger1 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,
Just looking for some guidance here, basically I want to check if I need to get any more exam prep materials to pass SY0-201? I already have the Sybex book (std edition) and the Transcender software. I tacked the exam about 2 years ago and failed and want to pass this time.What do you recommend?

Cheers.

PS - I am unable to order the paperback version of Darrils book as I live in Ireland plus I dont own a Kindle.

Comments

• miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Amazon offer the kindle player for your PC for free.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • ger1ger1 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just installed Kindle for PC but it doesn't open, its meant to open automatically?
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Sorry, I do not know how it works. I do know that you can purchase the kindle version of the book for 9.99 and download the player for free. Have you purchased the book?
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Did it install a desktop icon? You should just be able to click the icon to open the reader. I use Kindle for PC and like it so far.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Simplest thing to do if an application isn't starting after an install.....

Yup, you guessed it, reboot. icon_lol.gif

After that, if that doesn't work, you'll have to start using some A+ skills. icon_cool.gif
    "Have you tried turning it off and back on again"

My favorite saying from the IT Crowd
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • WizardofWarWizardofWar Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yea, It should just work even if you dont have a book purchased yet. I'm using the PC kindle version and it works fine. I dont know if it has some kind of zone restriction though. It could be part of the problem since you are not able to order the book.
  • ger1ger1 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yea, It should just work even if you dont have a book purchased yet. I'm using the PC kindle version and it works fine. I dont know if it has some kind of zone restriction though. It could be part of the problem since you are not able to order the book.

Yes I was thinking that too, can you recommend another good source of material apart from this? Im using the sybex book and transcender software.

Cheers
  • DoubleDDoubleD Member Posts: 273 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ger1 wrote: »
    Yes I was thinking that too, can you recommend another good source of material apart from this? Im using the sybex book and transcender software.

Cheers

to answer your question NO I dont recommend any thing else just get daryils book on the kindle software and then you have more than enough for this exam
    ger1 wrote: »

Cheers
    I used just the Sybex book and Labsim and found that to be enough.