ROUTE labs?

mzinzmzinz Member Posts: 328
I have been labbing a lot lately. I'm noticing that a large amount of time is spent on lab setup, etc. A lot of the time I'm sort of just "freestyling" it, though. Coming up with my own labs on the fly.

I think I could save a lot of time with pre-made lab questions, where I emulate the depicted setup, then solve it with real gear.

Anyone have any labs? OR know where I could find some?
_______LAB________
2x 2950
2x 3550
2x 2650XM
2x 3640
1x 2801

Comments

• NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    For the ROUTE exam, there is no lab book yet. You should be able to find a copy of the BCSI Lab Portfolio from Cisco Press, which will cover a lot of the material.

There are also lots of CCIE lab books out there, just do a search.
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    Ditto for the BSCI Lab Portfolio. Check out here too
    GNS3 Lab and Exercise | GNS3 Labs :: Cisco Router Simulator Network Labs & Topologies
    You can find some good labs/topologies in there as well.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'll thrown in GNS 3 Vault, which has some labs in there... you can even contribute some of your "freestyle" labs there for others in the same boat. I think with a little additional community effort, it can make for great ROUTE experience. HTH.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have you tried http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccnp/48081-free-lab-book.html ?

Just because it's free doesn't mean it isn't good. It assumes ccnp-like skills, but if you're looking for more labs, you're probably ready for it.

I actually paid for this before he made available free of charge.
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • mzinzmzinz Member Posts: 328
    Thanks for the links guys!

Yes, I already have the free lab book, but I haven't gone through it much yet.

I'll play with these and add some of my own. Thanks again!
    _______LAB________
    2x 2950
    2x 3550
    2x 2650XM
    2x 3640
    1x 2801
    I also forgot about this link. He has some great lab walk-throughs for various topics. I think that should be enough to keep you busy for a while. icon_thumright.gif

-Peanut

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is the the CCIE candidate from on here? I forget his name. The seem awesome but hardcore icon_wink.gif
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
    Is the the CCIE candidate from on here? I forget his name. The seem awesome but hardcore icon_wink.gif

If you're referring to my above link post... yes... that's CCIEWannabe who put together those videos. The ones that I've looked at thus far have been really nice. I plan on using these throughout my ROUTE studies! I may even purchase the videos via his ebay store. HTH.

-Peanut

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you get the new CBT ROUTE nuggets they included a number of labses ups for GNS3 with config files and documentation.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    If you get the new CBT ROUTE nuggets they included a number of labses ups for GNS3 with config files and documentation.

Thanks DevilWAH,

I was curious to know this... Do you know if they give you the files with their streaming subscription as well? Thanks!

-Peanut

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    from what I have read I understand they do :)

Some one I know who purchased the course showed them to me. So unfortunalty I dont actuly have them but they look good.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.