need help to setup my CCNP home lab

BGPBGP Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
[FONT=&quot]Hi guys,[/FONT]
I wish you well, my friends I found this tow lab’s with same cost to study my CCNP v.6
but I’m not sure which one is good for CCNP v6 requirement ?

Please tell me which one shall I chose?
And what is the difference between 1841 and 2600 series from performance point view
and if you have any advice to me I will be grateful to you guys.

[FONT=&quot]LAB 1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]R1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]1841[/FONT][FONT=&quot]12.4(24)T1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Advanced Enterprise Servicesc1841-adventerprisek9-mz.124-24.T1.bin [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]R2[/FONT][FONT=&quot]1841[/FONT][FONT=&quot]12.4(24)T1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Advanced Enterprise Servicesc1841-adventerprisek9-mz.124-24.T1.bin[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]R3[/FONT][FONT=&quot]1841[/FONT][FONT=&quot]12.4(24)T1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Advanced Enterprise Servicesc1841-adventerprisek9-mz.124-24.T1.bin[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]R4[/FONT][FONT=&quot]1841[/FONT][FONT=&quot]12.4(24)T1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Advanced Enterprise Servicesc1841-adventerprisek9-mz.124-24.T1.bin[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SW1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]3550-24[/FONT][FONT=&quot]12.2(50)SE[/FONT][FONT=&quot]EMI[/FONT][FONT=&quot]c3550-advipservicesk9-mz.122-50.SE3.bin[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SW2[/FONT][FONT=&quot]3550-24[/FONT][FONT=&quot]12.2(50)SE[/FONT][FONT=&quot]EMI[/FONT][FONT=&quot]c3550-advipservicesk9-mz.122-50.SE3.bin[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SW3 2950-12[/FONT][FONT=&quot]12.1(22)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Enhanced[/FONT][FONT=&quot]c2950-i6k2l2q4-mz.121-22.EZ13.bin[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SW4 2950-12[/FONT][FONT=&quot]12.1(22)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Enhanced[/FONT][FONT=&quot]c2950-i6k2l2q4-mz.121-22.EZ13.bin[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All routers come with [/FONT][FONT=&quot]RAM=256MB and FLASH=64 MB[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5[/FONT][FONT=&quot]CAB-SS-2626 Smart Serial DTE/DCE Crossover[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Serial[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Category 5 RJ-45 Male to RJ-45 Male Straight-Through[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ethernet[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]12[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Category 5 RJ-45 Male to RJ-45 Male Crossover[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ethernet[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8x Power Cord.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]LAB 2[/FONT]
Two 2621XM Dual Ethernet 128/32 Routers for IPv6, 12.4 & SDM concepts
Two 2610XM 128/32 Routers for IPv6, 12.4 & SDM concepts
One 3560 Layer 3 Switch
One 3550 Layer 3 Switch
One 2960 Switch
One 2950 Switch
One Cisco 2509 Router with 16/16 to act as your Terminal Services Router
One Octal Cables for the 2509 Router
Three WIC-1T Serial Modules
One NM-4A/S 4 Port Serial Module for Frame-Relay
Three Back to Back Cables
Eight Ethernet Patch Cables
Eight Crossover Ethernet Patch Cables
ROUTE, SWITCH and TSHOOT Books with configuration examples
9 Power Cords
Enterprise 12.4 IPSEC/FW Plus IOS on CD
Enterprise 12.2 Switch IOS on CD
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The 1841's are newer, better, and more expensive routers than the old 2600XM routers. So Lab 1 has the better routers and okay switches.

Lab 2 is rocking your world with the latest and greatest (and expensive) 3560 and 2960 switches (plus a couple okay switches). Lab 2 does have the advantage that the router 2600 IOS images (hopefully 12.4 or 12.4T Advanced Enterprise) are supported by Dynamips (and the Dynagen and/or GNS3 front ends) -- which lets you build a larger hybrid Dynamips/Real Hardware routing environment if you have a decent PC available.

For the same price I'd go with Lab 2 since the switches are what you'd need and the 2600XM routers are still good for CCNP studies (and even CCIE with the correct IOS images for MPLS).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    +1 to Mike's recommendation! Lab 2 seems to be the better option. The 2960 and 3560 switches will cost you more than the 1841 routers (sold one of mine on ebay for 400). It looks like you will have a great lab setup!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It guess it depends on what he's paying for all this, but it is good equipment.
  • BGPBGP Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    any Suggestion guys???
    BGP wrote: »
    any Suggestion guys???

You might want to ask specific questions. And also tell us what all that gear will cost you. We have no idea if it's a good deal unless we know what the cost is.
    both of them cost 3500$
    both of them cost 3500$

If you're going for the CCNP, you must have passed the CCNA. Do you have a lab that you used for the CCNA?

Did you just hit the lottery and decide to splurge on a $3500 upgrade for your lab?

My whole lab just might be worth that much, but I've built it up over 6 years. Are you related to Trump or something?

:)
    Netwurk wrote: »
    If you're going for the CCNP, you must have passed the CCNA. Do you have a lab that you used for the CCNA?

Did you just hit the lottery and decide to splurge on a $3500 upgrade for your lab?

My whole lab just might be worth that much, but I've built it up over 6 years. Are you related to Trump or something?

no this is my first lab and my plan is to obtain CCNP lab and upgrade it for CCIE

I hate simulationsicon_wink.gif

I hate simulations icon_wink.gif

Agree with you there, the only sim I use is GNS3 and even that is quirky. Of course even the real equip has the occasional bug

Buy your equip piece by piece, if you want my opinion. 2 x 3550 and 2 x 3640 is a good start. Upgrade as needed.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    no this is my first lab and my plan is to obtain CCNP lab and upgrade it for CCIE
    Save your money and don't buy all of that hardware in one go. By the time you've finished CCNP, the hardware is most probably cheaper and you'll have a better idea of what is required for the latest CCIE lab since that does change periodically.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    tiersten wrote: »
    Save your money and don't buy all of that hardware in one go. By the time you've finished CCNP, the hardware is most probably cheaper and you'll have a better idea of what is required for the latest CCIE lab since that does change periodically.

I absolutely agree with Tiersten!!!

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
    tiersten wrote: »

I'm not in the U.S.

Shipping more than once will cost me

Who have experience with Cisco Certification: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, used Cisco router, Cisco switch, Cisco routers. are they good ?
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm not in the U.S.

Shipping more than once will cost me

Who have experience with Cisco Certification: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, used Cisco router, Cisco switch, Cisco routers. are they good ?

The money you'll pay extra for some of the antiquated equipment is more than if you took your time and purchased the kit piece by piece! Living outside the US will probably yield you higher costs, but its about the quality. I would highly recommend the purchasing of individual pieces you need for the cert you're after right now... then as time goes on, add to the lab (as suggested originally by tiersten). The price of some of (if not most of) that gear would have come down drastically once you're ready for the IE.

Now, to answer your question... CiscoKits.com... um I mean CertificationKits.com is a very reputable seller. In fact, they are a sponsor of TE. It ultimately boils down to you and whether or not you want to save yourself some money now or not! At the end of the day... it's definitely up to you! Best of luck to you icon_thumright.gif and good luck with your studies!! HTH.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
    Guys let we talk about the specification for the ROUTERS because I think the switches good .

So how is good for CCNP 1841 or 2621 ?
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Guys let we talk about the specification for the ROUTERS because I think the switches good .

So how is good for CCNP 1841 or 2621 ?

The 1841 is much better, newer router. If price is not an option, buy the 1841, if it is buy the 2621.

In my opinion you could buy several 2621 routers for the price of a 1841.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
    miller811 wrote: »
    The 1841 is much better, newer router. If price is not an option, buy the 1841, if it is buy the 2621.

In my opinion you could buy several 2621 routers for the price of a 1841.

One of my routers is a 2620 with an extra fasteth I/F that is almost the same as a 2621. Only drawback is that 2620's and 2621's max out at 16 flash so you can't run 12.4

I think there is a BIOS hardware upgrade that lets you use 32 flash. But it's probably easier and cheaper if the OP went with something from the 2600XM series.

Another option is the top of the line non-XM, the 2691. Mine has 256MB RAM and 64MB flash - it's superior to a lot of XM's.

You can often get these on the cheap as some sellers automatically price any non-XM way below its value. Your results may vary, a lot of non-techies sell this stuff and prices can be random.

Good luck with your lab