Jncia-ex exam

Ryuksapple84Ryuksapple84 Member Posts: 183
Hey guys,

Just passed my Ex today. A lot easier then I thought. No sims or labs, just configs to look at.

Sean
Eating humble pie.

Comments

• zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Ryuksapple84Ryuksapple84 Member Posts: 183
    Thanks Zoidberg!
    Eating humble pie.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks rogue
    Eating humble pie.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! Back to cisco?

Do you work with J Switches at all or did you do it because of the fast track offering?
    Congrats! Back to cisco?

Do you work with J Switches at all or did you do it because of the fast track offering?

Thanks bl8ck,

Yes, I will now start on my CCNP. I really enjoy Cisco and I thought that the Juniper exams were very dry and boring.

yes I work with J and M series Routers at work and now I am having a project thrown my way where I will have to configure 25 Ex switches which will turn into 3 stacks.
    I am a NOC Admin, trying to become an engineer. So this is a great chance for me. I hope I am able to ask you guys questions and guidance.
    Eating humble pie.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats man.

just out of interest how long did you study for the exam? we may be buying a whole load of EX series switches so it maybe in my interest to take it once we buy them.

how hard would you rate the exam?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
    nel wrote: »
    congrats man.

just out of interest how long did you study for the exam? we may be buying a whole load of EX series switches so it maybe in my interest to take it once we buy them.

how hard would you rate the exam?

I studied for about 3 weeks. I did the fast track program. Watched the videos and read through the PDF. They practically give you the exam there.
    Eating humble pie.
    I studied for about 3 weeks. I did the fast track program. Watched the videos and read through the PDF. They practically give you the exam there.

hey man,

thanks for the replies. its much appreciated indeed!

Good luck with your future targets mate!

nel

hey man,

thanks for the replies. its much appreciated indeed!

Good luck with your future targets mate!

nel

No Problem Nel. Good luck. I have yet to get my hands on Juniper Switches.
    Eating humble pie.
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Big congrats on the pass!

So what about the exams did you find boring? Was it the lack of sims or how the questions were written?
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    I hate to see the devil lurking around the forum...The exams are going to get harder... But bring it on Aldur... :)

Study Hard Be Evil...
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    hoogen82 wrote: »
    I hate to see the devil lurking around the forum...The exams are going to get harder... But bring it on Aldur... :)

Study Hard Be Evil...

I doubt they will be boring much longer with Aldur on the case. Re-cert time should be most interesting. :)

And I missed congratulating you Ryuksapple84 good luck on your next cert.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
    Aldur wrote: »
    Big congrats on the pass!

So what about the exams did you find boring? Was it the lack of sims or how the questions were written?

I just thought that the study material was dry because I did not learn any new networking concepts. I just had to learn how Juniper does networking and take an exam on it...
    Eating humble pie.
    hoogen82 wrote: »

Study Hard Be Evil...

So why are they going to get harder with Aldur on the case? Am I digging my own grave here?
    Eating humble pie.
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    So why are they going to get harder with Aldur on the case? Am I digging my own grave here?

As a long time member of TE, Aldur knows where all the bodies are buried and has listened to our complaints for a while. He is off to a new job with the cert creation team. I think that hoogen82 was just ribbing him a little bit. I personally am glad to have him around and hope that Juniper causes him no grief for being here. :)

TE's reputation causes it to draw a lot of industry people but most just lurk. Sometimes they pop up in a thread or two and then disappear again.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
    ha! i was ribbing aldur that the exams would be easier with him circ dev team :P hahaha

nah, he should make some good course material. i know his last customer quite well and the crazy things they were up to, so i know he would have gotten some great SP experience there and learned a ton from some very bright network gurus.
  • AmcoAmco Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Did you use any type of books? I'm interesting in taking this cert in the future.
    Amco wrote: »
    Did you use any type of books? I'm interesting in taking this cert in the future.

Sorry man, I did not see any books for this. But as I mentioned before, join the fast track, watch the videos and read the PDF.
    Eating humble pie.
    JUNOS Enterprise Switching... which sadly constantly lives on my need to read list, would be a good book to cover the JNCIA-EX and I'm sure would be a huge benefit for the JNCIS-ENT and beyond.
    zoidberg wrote: »
    JUNOS Enterprise Switching... which sadly constantly lives on my need to read list, would be a good book to cover the JNCIA-EX and I'm sure would be a huge benefit for the JNCIS-ENT and beyond.

Thanks, I will check that out as well
    Eating humble pie.
    yeah we have the enterprise switching book at work and is a good resource indeed. From when i compared it to the fast track CIA-EX pdfs it definitely goes more indepth than required for that level so i would say its aimed towards the JNCIS track. Same too with the enterprise routing book aswell.

could I pass my JNCIS exam with that book alone?
    Eating humble pie.
    could I pass my JNCIS exam with that book alone?

i cant comment from experiance as i havent sat any juniper exams yet but a guy at work is taking the JNCIS-ENT tomorrow and he used the two books mentioned above + the fast track pdf's + the Junos second language + switching E-courses. He said to me that is enough - obviously including hands on of course.

Maybe zoidberg/aldur could confirm?

I don't think any one in here has taken the newer JNCIS-ENT... so would be kind of difficult to answer if you could pass without touching the equipment. But in my opinion working on the equipment is a must once you get past the JNCIA....
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
    Maybe zoidberg/aldur could confirm?

I can't. JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP, JNCIS-FWV continue to live on my to-do list.... one day, one day.
    Hey Zoidberg.. Did you see that WIP: JNCIS-Sec on my signature ... It's been on my todo list since April... and I am suppose to finish it off by this year.... I have plenty of practise on the SRX but haven't really been studying the books yet...
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
    Hehe, I'm sure you'll nail the JNCIS-SEC off the WIP soon enough. I can't imagine you'd have too much difficulty with it.

The JNCIS-FWV has been on my WIP since before I started with my customer in Feb, but I still haven't gotten around to it. I even took all the courses for it. One day. I actually had it booked, but rescheduled it a number of times, but forgot to reschedule the last time and missed it. Doh.