Citrix licenses ??

EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
Folks, I have been asked to start learning Citrix at work. Having been bugging our Citrix guy to lemme know how it all works in our company. Now I would also like to start labbing this at home so I can accelerate my learning and perhaps pass an exam or two in the process. I looked up Citrix.com and there are heaps of appliances for download but I couldnt see any trial licenses. There were licensing servers available for download but no licenses. My place of work doesnt have any trial/spare licenses (apparently they are expensive), so how do I circumvent this. Can I run Citrix without a license? Pardon my ignorance on the subject.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com

Comments

• StarkeStarke Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Citrix makes a broad range of products including server virtualization, application virtualization, desktop virtualization and wan optimization among many more. I am assuming you are referring to application virtualization. Here is a link to a number of evaluation choices.

Citrix Systems Products XenApp Try it
    Essendon wrote: »
    Folks, I have been asked to start learning Citrix at work. Having been bugging our Citrix guy to lemme know how it all works in our company. Now I would also like to start labbing this at home so I can accelerate my learning and perhaps pass an exam or two in the process. I looked up Citrix.com and there are heaps of appliances for download but I couldnt see any trial licenses. There were licensing servers available for download but no licenses. My place of work doesnt have any trial/spare licenses (apparently they are expensive), so how do I circumvent this. Can I run Citrix without a license? Pardon my ignorance on the subject.

MCSA: Windows Server 2012 - MCITP (SA, EA, EMA) - CCA (XD4, XD5, XS5, XS6) - VCP 4
  • ZaitsZaits Member Posts: 142
    Hello Essendon,

What product are you looking to learn with Citrix?

Thanks,
  • StarkeStarke Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello Zaits,

I would reccomend hooked on phonics. Thanks.
    Zaits wrote: »
    Hello Stark,

What product are you looking to learn with Citrix?

Thanks,
    MCSA: Windows Server 2012 - MCITP (SA, EA, EMA) - CCA (XD4, XD5, XS5, XS6) - VCP 4
  • ZaitsZaits Member Posts: 142
    Starke wrote: »
    Hello Zaits,

I would reccomend hooked on phonics. Thanks.

Opps, I meant to quote the opening poster not you.

Also, might want to take your own advice...

"recommend"

icon_razz.gif
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Essendon wrote: »

Citrix products come with free days worth of licensing. Take a look at the product you want and try the free download. I believe some of the products have between 30 and 90 day usage.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks heaps folks. I will throw some of these Citrix appliances on a VM and see how I go.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• shampy_gargshampy_garg Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Citrix Appliances??? you mean CAG? (Citrix Access Gateway/ Netscaler etc..)
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah, something on those lines.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hey guy,

Citrix the company makes a lot of products. What exactly are you looking for? Most people when they say they want to 'learn citrix' actually mean they want to learn Microsoft Terminal Services/Remote App and XenApp?
    -Daniel
  • shampy_gargshampy_garg Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well, I agree with Daneil views..
    Most of out there not sure about Citrix product line.. Let me give you some of it..

Citrix Presentation Server ( Recently Called Xenapp 5).. Now Xenapp 6
    Xen Server
    Xen Desktop
    Netscaler
    Citrix Access Gateway
    Citrix EdgeSight
    Branch Repeater and so on.. Here is the link

Citrix Systems Best-in-class Virtualization, Networking and Cloud Computing Solutions

If you are looking to implement Citrix Technology most probably you are either looking for Xen App 5 and Xen Server..

XenApp 6 natively would be installed on Windows 2008 R2 64 bit as it does not support backward compatibility... Citrix totally re-wrote the entire code

XenApp will include installation on Windows Server 2003 , and Xen Server can be installed on bare Metal..

We are not sure if you are looking for something specific , we can help you out since i am in this field from last couple of months :P

Or you can share your ideas if you are getting some knowledge from Citrix support :P