Options

What edition of the Mike Meyers N+ book should you get?

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
I have a co worker who asked me and I honestly don't know.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Cert PoorCert Poor Member Posts: 240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used All-In-One 4th Edition. Dunno about the other editions. That plus free Professor Messer videos.
    In progress: MTA: Database Fundamentals (98-364)
    Next up: CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002) or LPI Linux Essentials (010-160)
    Earned: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Server+, Proj+
    ITIL-F v3 2011 | ServiceNow CSA, CAD, CIS | CWNP CWTS
  • Options
    Repo ManRepo Man Member Posts: 300
    Cert Poor wrote: »
    I used All-In-One 4th Edition. Dunno about the other editions.

I used the same book. I scored a 820 I believe on the Network + exam but I didn't feel the test questions matched up with the book very well. It is possible the questions that stick out to me could have been beta questions.
  • Options
    Repo Man wrote: »
    I used the same book. I scored a 820 I believe on the Network + exam but I didn't feel the test questions matched up with the book very well. It is possible the questions that stick out to me could have been beta questions.

What's a passing score for the exam?
  • Options
    Repo ManRepo Man Member Posts: 300
    n2it wrote: »
    what's a passing score for the exam?

• Options
    superman859superman859 Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used the All-in-one version as well along with practice tests from totalsem.com (where I got my voucher). I found the book to be an interesting read (much better than sec+ all-in-one) and Myers is a good author. I forget my score but it was about 800 using only those two sources. So, not perfect score but enough to pass the exam. It is an enjoyable read though, which must count for something!
    Degrees: B.S. Computer Science, B.S. Mathematics

Certifications: Network+, Security+

In-Progress: M.S. Computer Science, CEH
  • Options
    I used the All-in-one version as well along with practice tests from totalsem.com (where I got my voucher). I found the book to be an interesting read (much better than sec+ all-in-one) and Myers is a good author. I forget my score but it was about 800 using only those two sources. So, not perfect score but enough to pass the exam. It is an enjoyable read though, which must count for something!

Thanks for the information everyone!