New CCNA Voice cert

tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
I'm just curious what everyone thinks about the new CCNA voice cert?

I'm just starting to study for the IIUC exam. I know I could have just gone straight to cvoice but I wanted to learn the small systems too so this seemed like a good plan. As near as I can tell the new exam will likely be the only ccna voice path once the other two are retired. I'm thinking Cisco essentially crammed the basics of cvoice and iiuc together. I am a little concerned once I get to the CCVP cvoice 8 exam there will be information gaps because I haven't done the new icomm study but I've already got the books and other study material so what the hell.

Comments

• chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    tha_dub wrote: »
    I'm thinking Cisco essentially crammed the basics of cvoice and iiuc together.

I don't think that is the case. CVOICE still exists, they are simply not letting it give you the CCNA Voice anymore. They are creating an exam designed to give you solid foundations in voice, so you can have a proper start into the CCVP track.

To me, it seems like a good move.
    I am a little concerned once I get to the CCVP cvoice 8 exam there will be information gaps because I haven't done the new icomm study but I've already got the books and other study material so what the hell.

I'd answer, but my brain hurts from trying to figure out what the heck you meant to say here. It is one sentence and ends with a question, but with no question mark... so what in the world are you asking?
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Okay then, so here's my confusion.

I just started into the CVOICE toward the CCNA: Voice. As I understand it, the CVOICE will get me this cert up to Feb 28/11.

I just curious what happens after Feb 28th, since at that point the CVOICE doesn't count towards the CCNA:V, but rather as a requirement for the CCNP:V. If this is the only voice cert I manage to acquire between now and then, do ya think I'll get the CCNA:V designation??? and get to keep it???

I'm confused, since this would mean that the same cert that I used for the CCNA:V is now counting as a requirement for the CCNP:V, meaning that I passed nothing for the CCNA:V. Geez, did that even make sense? hehe
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
    The confusion from everyone seems to confuse me. This is how cisco is rolling this:
    I just curious what happens after Feb 28th, since at that point the CVOICE doesn't count towards the CCNA:V, but rather as a requirement for the CCNP:V. If this is the only voice cert I manage to acquire between now and then, do ya think I'll get the CCNA:V designation??? and get to keep it???
    Cisco will not take away your certification just because they came out with new tests. However, to renew it you must use the new curriculum.

I'm confused, since this would mean that the same cert that I used for the CCNA:V is now counting as a requirement for the CCNP:V, meaning that I passed nothing for the CCNA:V. Geez, did that even make sense? hehe

The CVOICE has ALWAYS counted to the CCVP, that is not changing. It still counts to the CCNP:Voice, just the v8 exam will not get you the CCNA:Voice.

So after Feb 28th, you must take the new exams. If you have other CURRENT exams of the previous series, they are considered equivalents. Meaning if you are like me and have passed your CIPT1 on the v6 tests, I will not have to take the CIPT1 v8 test unless I let my v6 test expire.

I hope that makes sense.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
  • tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    chmorin wrote: »
    I'd answer, but my brain hurts from trying to figure out what the heck you meant to say here. It is one sentence and ends with a question, but with no question mark... so what in the world are you asking?

It wasn't really a question. Mostly just thinking out loud.... ;)
    It wasn't really a question. Mostly just thinking out loud.... ;)

Oooh I do that all the time XD
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote: