Passed 294, off to 298

willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
I passed the 294 exam today. I had taken it 2.5 weeks ago and failed with a 600. So I took it today with the free retake and made a 718. This exam was a hard one. My strong areas between the two exams switched though and I did better today on the weak areas from last time and vice versa.

Comments

• powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    willhi1979 wrote: »
    I passed the 294 exam today. I had taken it 2.5 weeks ago and failed with a 600. So I took it today with the free retake and made a 718. This exam was a hard one. My strong areas between the two exams switched though and I did better today on the weak areas from last time and vice versa.

Congrats! I am hitting 298 this evening for my security specialization... and then I am done with 2003 unless I have some free time between now and March 2011 to do the Exchange 2003 exams before they retire.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Way to go!

You always have to one-up me don't you?icon_wink.gif

I take it you are going to say that this is the hardest of the MCSE exams? An former professor of mine was trying to tell me that the worst is over, but I have to disagree. I think I'd take infrastructure any day over AD replication.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Way to go!

You always have to one-up me don't you?icon_wink.gif

I take it you are going to say that this is the hardest of the MCSE exams? An former professor of mine was trying to tell me that the worst is over, but I have to disagree. I think I'd take infrastructure any day over AD replication.

I'm not intentionally one upping you, I'd probably say I'm one downing you since your 293 score was better than mine, but a pass is a pass. icon_wink.gif

I'd say the 293 and 294 are about equal. I had more trouble with the 294 though since I only had lab experience and it took a little longer to get the concepts due to that. The questions also seemed more complex, and you had to get a good grasp of how the AD environment was setup in each question to be able to figure it out.
    willhi1979 wrote: »
    I'd say the 293 and 294 are about equal. I had more trouble with the 294 though since I only had lab experience and it took a little longer to get the concepts due to that. The questions also seemed more complex, and you had to get a good grasp of how the AD environment was setup in each question to be able to figure it out.

My concern with labbing is that I'm not sure how easy it will be to simulate DC's that are located in different locations. I'll probably need to implement a couple more DC's into my lab. I guess my company is going to be opening a branch office lol
  • willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    My concern with labbing is that I'm not sure how easy it will be to simulate DC's that are located in different locations. I'll probably need to implement a couple more DC's into my lab. I guess my company is going to be opening a branch office lol

You can fake it like I did. I got a new server the other week and installed VMWare ESXI on it. I set up two subnets, 192.168.2.x/24 and 192.168.2.x/25. I used that to create two sites with DCs in them and configured the intersite replication and learned that way. I was able to create a user and watch it replicate to the other server.
  • kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
  • motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Congrats on the pass! Looks like the Security spec is a hot one right now with everyone. I was looking at the CBTNuggets 298/299 and they seem to overlap a lot, with 299 going into more detail. They should be fairly easy to pass if you can nail one or the other.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
    motogpman wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! Looks like the Security spec is a hot one right now with everyone. I was looking at the CBTNuggets 298/299 and they seem to overlap a lot, with 299 going into more detail. They should be fairly easy to pass if you can nail one or the other.

A lot of people have suggested to buy the 70-299 press book and use it for both tests. It is cheaper, and the 70-298 book isn't written as well. So there is lots of overlap.
  • citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
    Congrats on the pass. This is the last one I need for my MCSE then it is off to MCITP land...
  • BulletzBulletz Member Posts: 159
    Congrats on your pass! how many sims did you have cause i think thats where i had a bit of prioblem got 626 last tym thinkin' of taking it next week.
    Show me the way to go 127.0.0.1