CBT Nuggets

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
I am reading the Mike Meyer network + book and was thinking about purchasing the CBT nuggets, but at 299 that is pretty steep. Any other solutions or video training that is more reasonable?

If the Nuggets are that good I wouldn't mind dropping the extra cash, but I would hate to **** 299+tax and then get nothing from it.

Any personal experiences would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Patrick

Comments

• brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    IMHO I dont think you'd get your money's worth out of a cbt purchase for N+. The material is more memorizational than working knowledge.

I studied a resource book and 2 Q/A study books for mine. I used a condensed MM's book for the resource, and I think it was Exam Cram had Q/A books.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I wouldn't buy them for network+.

They were awesome for the 290,291, and 293, but I just don't think they would be that valuable for the Network+. A good $30 book should be enough. Maybe some practice questions.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Devilsbane wrote: »

They were awesome for the 290,291, and 293, but I just don't think they would be that valuable for the Network+. A good $30 book should be enough. Maybe some practice questions.

Any suggestions on practice questions for N+?
  • pml1pml1 Member Posts: 147
    N2IT wrote: »
    Any suggestions on practice questions for N+?

A friend of mine who took Net+ recently used Self Test to practice. I think he bought the practice test questions in a bundle with the exam voucher and got a pretty good deal.

Edit:
    Link -- http://www.selftestsoftware.com/
    Excellence is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.
  • kidainnykidainny Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□

I was thinking about using them for the 290/291? Def worth it then?
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    freenetworkplus.com
    its a very very good resource!
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□

I agree. I used the Mike Meyers book to pass my network+ exam. Very good book. I'm pretty sure that's all I read, too. But I did have a lot of hands on network experience before I passed this exam too.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    freenetworkplus.com
    its a very very good resource!

Thanks for the hidden gem
    I agree. I used the Mike Meyers book to pass my network+ exam. Very good book. I'm pretty sure that's all I read, too. But I did have a lot of hands on network experience before I passed this exam too.

I have 3 years of NOC 1.5 experience essentially.
    Slowhand wrote: »

Again thanks for the information!