Passed

tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
Cvoice6 out the way.. long overdue.. dang.. I started last year and was half way done studying, then BAM.. life. Restarted again 2 months ago..

with cvoice out the way.. I plan on taking QoS/TUC before it expires.

for those who have taken TUC ..is that something I can take without going through CIPT1/2?

The reason I plan on going with TUC is due to the fact that by the time I study, and pass CIPT1, CIPT2 will be on the new track and I am not sure if that will cause problems.. so i figured I would take CIPT1/2 on the new track and handle CVOICE/QoS/TUC on the old track?

any advice ? =)

Thanks!

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

I did the old IPTT exam, but I'd guess for the TUC exam you'd probably need at least the knowledge and lab skills from the existing CIPT exam topics.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!! icon_cheers.gif

You might be able to manage TUC without CIPT1/2 but it's honestly going to be a little tough - TUC basically covers subjects from all 4 of the other CCVP exams which is why it's generally suggested to take it last. I agree w/Mike = at the very least you'll want to go through the CIPT1/2 material while studying.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    dang it.. had a feeling this was going to be said.. lol..

so after I pass QoS.. and take cipt1.. then i wonder where things will stand when i want to begin the new Cipt2.. and so forth with TUC.. or do i need to stop and wait for the new cipt1...

thanks !
    i just looked at cipt1 OLD and NEW side by side and the NEW has less material covered for the exam. I think i read somewhere that the new material will be avail as of jan ?

can anyone confirm that? if thats so.. then that will work with my timeline.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS on passing your exam... Good luck on your future exams!

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    tokhss wrote: »
    i just looked at cipt1 OLD and NEW side by side and the NEW has less material covered for the exam. I think i read somewhere that the new material will be avail as of jan ?

can anyone confirm that? if thats so.. then that will work with my timeline.

Nothing listed on the Cisco Press website - I think Jan/11 is a little aggressive for new material though. Doesn't seem like it's that major of a change so you'll probably be OK with the older CIPT1/2 material (heck the CBT Nuggets for CIPT2 just came out over the summer - After I had already sat the exam!!).

What's interesting is that the original CCVP revamp plans eliminated the troubleshooting exam all together. I kinda got the feeling that some of that was moved to the CIPT1/2 tests anticipating this change. Now that it's back, I bet the CIPT exams are a little lighter because of it.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
    yeah.. time will tell. will be reporting back then =)

TY!