Passed 70-680 - certificate in the mail?

ZbacoZbaco Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
I recently passed my first Microsoft exam last Friday (woohoo!) and was browsing the MCP site when I noticed it gives the option of either downloading certificates or ordering them online. This surprised me a bit - I've read elsewhere on this site that people usually get a welcome packet after passing their exams. Wouldn't copies of the certificates be in there?

If someone would let me know what to expect and whether or not I should put in an order for certificates, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Comments

• gandalphgandalph Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Microsoft decided to go green just over a year ago and since then you now need to order (and pay) for your certificate
    obesa cantavit

certs: MCITP (7 and Vista),MCTS,MCSE,MCSA,MCDST,CCAI,A+,Network+,Server+
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welcome back is sadly gone, now you have to pay for the certificates it's 11$ and each additional is 1$ so I would wait till they're more than one and order them.

You will receive only the Cert nothing else.
  • kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    lol wow its way cheaper to just save it in png and go print it somewhere. Or you have to pay for it in digital format too?
    meh
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    kurosaki00 wrote: »
    lol wow its way cheaper to just save it in png and go print it somewhere. Or you have to pay for it in digital format too?

No it's actually free but to be honest it just doesn't look the same
  • krauserkrauser Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    za3bour wrote: »
    No it's actually free but to be honest it just doesn't look the same

The printing and paper quality counts.
  • ZbacoZbaco Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    gandalph wrote: »
    Microsoft decided to go green just over a year ago and since then you now need to order (and pay) for your certificate

Figured something like that was the case. Thanks for the info.
  • jaykoolzboyjaykoolzboy Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's M$, what else do you expect? icon_cheers.gif , Just kidding, they used to be free, but not anymore.
  • KillermacKillermac Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yes I miss the welcome kit. I still have my MCP pro pin. While I don't diss MS for doing this I do wish they still sent the cert.. Kind of crap that you have to pay to get your "proof" that you passed. My employer won't pay unless I have the hard paper copy of the pass. They also don't accept the pass sheet from the test center as proof...sad but true.
    Killermac :)
    A+;Net+;XP,MCP, Security+, Win 7: 70-680
  • DanielHughesDanielHughes Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Killermac wrote: »
    yes I miss the welcome kit. I still have my MCP pro pin. While I don't diss MS for doing this I do wish they still sent the cert.. Kind of crap that you have to pay to get your "proof" that you passed. My employer won't pay unless I have the hard paper copy of the pass. They also don't accept the pass sheet from the test center as proof...sad but true.

Can you not just download your transcript form the MCP site? That is what it is there for.
  • SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    CompTIA's latest certifications are no longer the full size of a standard frame. Only a matter of time before they jump ship too.

I was disappointed when I got my latest small red certs, compared to my A+ from 2008.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • KillermacKillermac Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Indeed when I earned my security+ I was shocked to see such a tiny certificate. It really pisses me off they ask so much money for the cert and yet they cheap out on how we prove we have the cert.
    Killermac :)
    A+;Net+;XP,MCP, Security+, Win 7: 70-680
  • jgq85jgq85 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Killermac wrote: »
    Indeed when I earned my security+ I was shocked to see such a tiny certificate. It really pisses me off they ask so much money for the cert and yet they cheap out on how we prove we have the cert.

Is CompTIA still issuing small certificates? Or do they have 8.5 x 11 printable ones?
    My A+ from 2010 was a full-sized Cert, but I'm interested to know what the newer ones are, particularly the Security+ one.
    If it's tiny, it will look odd on my certificate wall next to the 8.5 x 11" ones.