Security+

NetAdmin84NetAdmin84 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just curious, from those that took and passed the Sec+ exam, how were the questions....Where they similar to that of the questions used in the study guide aids...I have been using Cybex and Exam Cram, and find myself continuously passing the practice test, I'm just hoping that the actual exam is similar...I am aware of the 6 domains of exam and the objectives within them, I also wanted to ask how many questions pertaining to certain objectives on the test went into great detail...i.e. were there a lot of questions on Port Numbers, PKI, algorithms, etc...any input would be great...as I plan on taking the test next week.....Thanks! :)
Currently reading:

Cisco Press: CCNA Offical Exam Certification Library - Wendell Odom
Sybex: CCNA Study Guide - Todd Lammle
ExamCram: CCNA - Michael Valentine

Currently pursuing:

CCNA - CWNA - MCTS

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The test is difficult. Just study and try to understand the mateiral as best as you can. Thats the best advice I can really give you.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    I found the questions on the actual test to be a little more vague than the practice exams I took. Alot of questions didn't seem to have clear cut answers so you had to really think about the question and reason on the answer choices. Of course, that requires that you be familiar with all the topics in the various domains. Look at that list and ask yourself if you could explain the basics of each topic to someone with 0 knowledge of the subject. If you can, you're probably in good shape.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    xenodamus wrote: »
    I found the questions on the actual test to be a little more vague than the practice exams I took. Alot of questions didn't seem to have clear cut answers so you had to really think about the question and reason on the answer choices.

^^^ I could not agree more. on the Net+ and A+ I zoomed through the exam, but on the Sec+ I spent the whole 1.5 hours re-reading questions and double checking.
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    As above posters have said on the Sec+ exam it is IMPORTANT to read the question and the possible answers carefully.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I started reading up on this certification and out of respect I will not be attempting the certification before the end of the year. Can't have it all or you'll burn yourself out, so instead I decided to grab my A+ and call it a year. Challenging enough to make it worth while and it is filling some knowledge gaps with some of the newer technology.
  • lanrexng2lanrexng2 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Uuuuufff getting kinda nervous, especially since I am taking 6 classes with exams around the corner icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif and trying to throw in Security+ somewhere in there. We'll seeicon_exclaim.gif
    M Sc Computer Science == 1% completeA+, Network+, Security+, CCENT == 100% complete
    ICND2, RHCSA, C/C++, Python, x86,
  • brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    ^^^ I could not agree more. on the Net+ and A+ I zoomed through the exam, but on the Sec+ I spent the whole 1.5 hours re-reading questions and double checking.

How did you prepare for the test. Did you feel you knew the subject going in?
  • sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    brownwrap wrote: »
    How did you prepare for the test. Did you feel you knew the subject going in?

I kind of over prepare, for that is what makes me comfortable. Lets see.

I read the Sybex Sec+ book - Darrils Sec+ Book - and watched the Sec+ CBT Nuggets.

The test did kind of throw me no doubt, much more than the Net+ and the A+, but due to all my studying I passed it well in the clear.

The Sec+ had everything on it I studied for just the questions were worded soo weird and different from what I saw on all my practice tests.
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security