Options

2nd Exam

desertmousedesertmouse Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well I decided to split the exam into two, and passed the first a month or two ago. Time has passed and now I realize I scheduled it for Dec. 5th! That's coming awfully soon.... so here I am studying at work.

I got the Boson ExSim Max and the Book and plan on spending 20-30 hours over the next few days labbing/reading/answering questions. Hopefully that's enough! I'm hoping to get it in (and passed) before reviews this year - hence the rush.

Hopefully I work :/

I think I'm pretty good with STP/VLAN/IPv6/most other stuff. Really my weak link is routing, so I'll be brushing up on that. Funny thing is I do alot of that in my day to day, I just don't deal with screwy situations, only copy + paste route commands and configs. Eh - wish me luck?

I'll be more active on here after I pass this and get back on the MS track to finish my MCSE and upgrade to MCITP:EA, and I can lend a lot more there than I can in this Cisco forum, but thanks for the support!
icon_lol.gif

Comments

• Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good luck. As long as you are familiar with the subject matter you are brushing up on you should be fine in that timeframe.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good luck on the test
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    Good luck mate. :)

I've got my ICND2 exam resit book for the 3rd, and your right, it's creeping up mighty fast!
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    wbosher wrote: »
    Good luck mate. :)

I've got my ICND2 exam resit book for the 3rd, and your right, it's creeping up mighty fast!

I got the retake on the 11th and its crazy how time can go by fast. Especially while in school. Time to lab and read like crazy.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    notun1notun1 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes..time management is the key to success. First time I failed CCNA composite exam due to time and retake ,but finished it 24 min before scheduled time.
    Remember 10 min rule for Lab.
    Everything is pretty much simple..
    Wish you best of Luck.
    ===============
    Currently working on 642-902 ROUTE

CCNP_ROUTE_642-902_Official_Certification_Guide(80%)
    GNS3 LAB: (50%)
    CBT_Nuggets: (80%)
    Routing TCPIP, Volume I and II (0%)
    642-902_Foundation_Learning_Guide (0%)