Any point to getting CCNA: W and CWNA?

tdeantdean Member Posts: 520
i think i found something im actually interested in. im taking the CCNA: W next week, would it be a good idea to get both while its fresh in my mind?

Comments

• chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    tdean wrote: »
    i think i found something im actually interested in. im taking the CCNA: W next week, would it be a good idea to get both while its fresh in my mind?

If you enjoy wireless and want to pursue it, why not certify in all the ways you can? It will help your resume be picked by people looking for maybe CWNA and not CCNA:W, or vice versa. Also it shows that you are not just limited to cisco, which can be important.

So I'd say its a great idea.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • tdeantdean Member Posts: 520
    chmorin wrote: »
    If you enjoy wireless and want to pursue it, why not certify in all the ways you can? It will help your resume be picked by people looking for maybe CWNA and not CCNA:W, or vice versa. Also it shows that you are not just limited to cisco, which can be important.

thats exactly what i was thinking. i only started this to try and add something to the resume, i had a lot of Physics in college so i figured i'd give it a try. what do ya know, i end up liking it... now to figure out where/how to get a job using this stuff.....
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    chmorin wrote: »

what this man said.... icon_lol.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    There is a special at CWNP right now: CWNP
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□

Def worth it. I just grabbed it yesterday for the knowledge but incase I decide to take the wireless route anytime soon, the materials are there and ready :).
  • tdeantdean Member Posts: 520
    Hmmm, tough call. I dont need the first book, and the other 2 can be had for ~$80 on Amazon.....do i want to pay $20 for test questions is the question.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yes, you can turn around and sell the first book for $20-$30 bucksicon_thumright.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • angelinaparker86angelinaparker86 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    whats exam fee for CCWA?its cheap from CCNA?