Options

Microsoft App.Dev certs : MCAD / MCPD?

XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey guys

I recently started working as a Systems Analyst in the Applications Development department at my new job. I was reading up on a couple of certs that may be beneficial as I stay in this role stated above in the topic. Can anyone shed some light on what route I should go? icon_study.gif
LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    What will you be doing in you systems analyst role? Will you be doing actual architecture design and/or coding of software, or performing design reviews for quality and security? And will you be working with database or virtualization technology?
  • Options
    Here is the job description from my topic http://www.techexams.net/forums/jobs-degrees/57683-systems-analyst-interview-friday-2.html It can give you a good stand point

• Options
    Based on that job description, you will be a junior-level software engineer writing ASP.NET applications. The Microsoft training and certifications for C#, ASP.NET, and Microsoft SQL Server are what you need. Actually, your employer should already have those training materials available to its "analysts."
  • Options
    Yes, that was one of my first questions I asked when I started working and they informed me they would pay for my certifications which is a plus. I just wanted to know what avenue to go into. I am learning SQL Server now and getting familiar with it. I'm actually going to get certified in another platform we are using and implementing, so I'm excited about that training

• Options
    Do you know what exams they are specifically? I perused the Microsoft site and found an array of different ones concerning the certs you suggested

• Options
  • Options
    JDMurray wrote: »
    They are all MCTS certs now.

Thanks!!! I was wondering what were all of them under now. I'll take a look and get to the books....icon_study.gif

• Options
    Thank James!!!! I was looking at the 70-432: TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance to probably start with to have a nice foundation with SQL. As long as you know how the data is stored and packaged, I should be able to build off of that are anything else

• Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Xcluziv wrote: »
    Thank James!!!! I was looking at the 70-432: TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance to probably start with to have a nice foundation with SQL. As long as you know how the data is stored and packaged, I should be able to build off of that are anything else

You should consider doing the 433 rather than the 432. It is much more geared to devs and using T-SQL. The 432 is much more a systems type of exam and deals more with configuring and managing SQL Server than it deals with T-SQL. Either way make sure you check the SQL Server forum for study material.
  • Options
    You should consider doing the 433 rather than the 432. It is much more geared to devs and using T-SQL. The 432 is much more a systems type of exam and deals more with configuring and managing SQL Server than it deals with T-SQL. Either way make sure you check the SQL Server forum for study material.

Thanks for the advice....just read this post after responding to a MS SQL Server forum. icon_thumright.gif I will look up the info on the 433 icon_study.gif