Beta for XD5 Admin will be here soon - 1Y1-A19

PearsonVue have 1Y1-A19 listed for free - but not bookable at this time. It does mean it's likely to be available soon....

Comments

• MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for the heads up. I haven't had a chance to test XD5 yet, but from what I've read there are a lot of changes.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • StarkeStarke Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's available now, I just booked it for the 23rd. I had just passed CCA XD4 last Friday and I did our office upgrade to XD5 so we'll see how it goes.
    MCSA: Windows Server 2012 - MCITP (SA, EA, EMA) - CCA (XD4, XD5, XS5, XS6) - VCP 4
    Starke wrote: »
    It's available now, I just booked it for the 23rd. I had just passed CCA XD4 last Friday and I did our office upgrade to XD5 so we'll see how it goes.
    How was the upgrade, and what prompted you to do the upgrade so soon? I need to do the same at my work, but I didn't see any features that seemed to justify upgrading immediately. As it stands I'll probably do the upgrade in summer 2011 (EDU environment, so summer is project time), unless it's really easy or there is an amazing feature I'm missing.
    MentholMoose
    It wasn't that bad, I have a bad habit of installing the latest and greatest. I really wanted to get a feel for it before I roll it out to my customers.
    How was the upgrade, and what prompted you to do the upgrade so soon? I need to do the same at my work, but I didn't see any features that seemed to justify upgrading immediately. As it stands I'll probably do the upgrade in summer 2011 (EDU environment, so summer is project time), unless it's really easy or there is an amazing feature I'm missing.
    MCSA: Windows Server 2012 - MCITP (SA, EA, EMA) - CCA (XD4, XD5, XS5, XS6) - VCP 4
  • Fugazi1000Fugazi1000 Member Posts: 145
    Seems to be available until 19th Jan. Guess what I'll be labbing over Christmas?!!!!
    Fugazi1000 wrote: »
    Seems to be available until 19th Jan. Guess what I'll be labbing over Christmas?!!!!
    Same here, thanks again for the heads up on this. These Citrix exams are pricey so being able to do the beta for free is really nice.
    MentholMoose
    Apparently I passed. I didn't get a score report yet but I got this in an email:
    Congratulations on becoming a Citrix Certified Administrator for Citrix XenDesktop 5! You are now a member of an elite group of industry professionals who have demonstrated expertise with and commitment to Citrix products and technologies.
    MentholMoose
    I passed as well. Working on the CCA Netscaler now.
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
    I got my score report in the mail, I scored 80%.
    MentholMoose