How many college credits is the VCP-410 worth?

EM64TEM64T Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Okay another VCP question. My employer is willing to bump my pay per six college credits accrued. We worked out a way to cross reference all the certs I'm interested in except for the VCP. I'm currently getting three credits per Comptia cert, and what little information I can find on the internet colleges are giving anywhere from 2-3 credits for the VCP. Does that sound right? The college I'm cross-referencing from gives six credits for a CCNA completion. I'm guessing the VCP is at least CCNA level, if not between a CCNA and CCNP. Either that or I'm looking at this completely wrong.

I'd appreciate some help if you guys have some sites/ideas I can reference for my employer!

Comments

• rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • EM64TEM64T Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□

It looks like (according to this thread) WGU doesn't offer VMware courses, so nothing I can reference.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    EM64T wrote: »
    It looks like (according to this thread) WGU doesn't offer VMware courses, so nothing I can reference.

Was worth a try lol. It's the only universities that I heard about that were accepting certs for creds. I'm sure someone on here is in the same scenario as you.
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I took the official course at a college participating in the VMware Academy Program, and it was 5 quarter units. The course is a prerequisite for certification, and the VCP410 exam covers more than the course, so I think at least 5 units is appropriate, if not more.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • EM64TEM64T Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the official course at a college participating in the VMware Academy Program, and it was 5 quarter units. The course is a prerequisite for certification, and the VCP410 exam covers more than the course, so I think at least 5 units is appropriate, if not more.

I've looked at some training sites that require 5 days, but that doesn't include the additional 4-5 days mandatory training from VMware. If you did eight hour days that would be about six credits worth (80 hours) for both, plus you haven't even taken the exam yet. Not sure this would fly with my employer though, it's a training site not an accredited university.
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    EM64T wrote: »
    I've looked at some training sites that require 5 days, but that doesn't include the additional 4-5 days mandatory training from VMware. If you did eight hour days that would be about six credits worth (80 hours) for both, plus you haven't even taken the exam yet. Not sure this would fly with my employer though, it's a training site not an accredited university.
    Well the training I took was at a public community college and I got college credit for it. The material was identical to the course offered by training sites, so I think you could make a good case for some units. Alternatively, since the VCP410 tests knowledge of the course material (and then some), perhaps that could justify giving some units for the exam.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
    Any course offered by an accredited school/college worth 3 or 4 credits, depending on the how many hours a week or per semester that course is being taught. Our college is currently working on offering VCP as an elective for a M.S. in I.S degree, 3 hours per week*12 weeks=36 Hours for 3 credits. Hope that clarifies it.
  • gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    Was worth a try lol. It's the only universities that I heard about that were accepting certs for creds. I'm sure someone on here is in the same scenario as you.

my school offers credits for certs but we don't have VMware courses so not directly applicable to this thread.