Testing Tomorrow (first post)

mrgreggiemrgreggie Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all, figured I should stop lurking and start posting. I'm testing tomorrow morning, so wish me luck. I think I'm good to go with the exception of maximum distances for fiber cable, but I'm thinking that max fiber lengths isn't in every question, lol.

Comments

• GosU-TecHGosU-TecH Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck. If you haven't already I would check out: Free CompTIA Network+ Study Guide by MC MCSE. Should help with distances/cable lenghts/etc. I am taking this tomorrow morning as well so hopefully we both can report back with 2 passes!
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    @OP- Welcome to TE!
    Good Luck to both of you!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Welcome to TE!
    but I'm thinking that max fiber lengths isn't in every question
    Still, it's a topic you can expect to be tested on, and certainly not a difficult topic either, just a matter of memorizing through for example flash cards, or write out a table and go over that till you know it by heart. Though you can afford to make mistakes during the exam, I'd reserve that margin for the more challenging questions/topics (if any). Anyway, good luck tomorrow!
  • mrgreggiemrgreggie Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote: »
    Welcome to TE!

Still, it's a topic you can expect to be tested on, and certainly not a difficult topic either, just a matter of memorizing through for example flash cards, or write out a table and go over that till you know it by heart. Though you can afford to make mistakes during the exam, I'd reserve that margin for the more challenging questions/topics (if any). Anyway, good luck tomorrow!

THX! My two goals for tonight are to get those lengths memorized and to go over subnetting again. Mr. Lammle seems to think I need to be a subnetting pro to pass, so I'm going to get it down perfectly. I'll need it for my CCNA anyway, so it will all be good.
    Passed! Scored an 832. it didn't help that the server went down mid test, but at least I got to pick up where I left off once it was back up.

Next up, CCNA!
  • ClockworksClockworks Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mrgreggie wrote: »
    Passed! Scored an 832. it didn't help that the server went down mid test, but at least I got to pick up where I left off once it was back up.

Next up, CCNA!

Nice, I got a 813 on mine yesterday. Thank the universe I was able to pass; that and also a ton of studying for about a month...

I'm gonna see if I can get Security+ certification before the end of the year.
  • SouljackerSouljacker Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome - congrats to both of you!
    Souljacker wrote: »
    Awesome - congrats to both of you!

Thanks! Now I just need to decide if I am going right after the CCNA or of I can quickly snag the Linux+ first (I <3 Linux).
    Clockworks wrote: »
    Nice, I got a 813 on mine yesterday. Thank the universe I was able to pass; that and also a ton of studying for about a month...

I'm gonna see if I can get Security+ certification before the end of the year.

Yeah, I actually studied for about a month total, most of it after I got back from vacation on the 1st. I don't know about you, but a few of the questions had me scratching my head because I was a bit confused about what they were asking, but most others were very straightforward.