Options

are you aloud scratch paper/notes during test

justinwu86justinwu86 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
are you aloud any form of aid during the test for the a+ and network+?

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You are usually given one of those laminated sheets and a pen to use. If you have some charts / notes committed to memory, you can write them down on what is provided.
  • Options
    phonetic.manphonetic.man Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Psoasman wrote: »
    You are usually given one of those laminated sheets and a pen to use. If you have some charts / notes committed to memory, you can write them down on what is provided.

Exactly, you are not allowed anything of you own in the testing room (including tissue for your nose). After checking in and going over the rules I was offered ear plugs, tissue for my nose, 1 sheet of laminated paper and a dry erase marker. I had to use both sides of the paper before raising my hand to trade sheets of paper with a proctor.*

*I didn't need the paper for any of my CompTIA tests. I know the CCNA guy next to me taking his CCNP test used the sheet though.
    Currently studying: Backup Academy, CWNA, MCSA:08, iBoss ISCP
  • Options
    how early should you go in to transfer your notes to the sheet?
  • Options
    gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    justinwu86 wrote: »

You should be able to write any charts or notes on the sheet in the time allotted to click through the welcome screens, test tutorial, and NDA. If you feel like you'll need more than that you should probably study some more. It's not like you can write stuff down before the proctor has taken you into the testing area and logged you into the computer.
  • Options
    kaigeikaigei Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When you are given your laminated sheet and pen ask the proctor if you can test it to see if it, the pen, works and if its a soft tipped pen make sure its not flattened out to were its not usable. When I took my net+ the proctor gave me a pen that was useless

Also don't take anything in with you except 2 forms of ID and your car keys as you will have to pull everything from your pockets and place the stuff in a locker. This includes change, cell phone, watch, wallet etc etc.

Good luck with your test
    Certifications that I am working on
    Project+
    70-680
    70-685
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    justinwu86 wrote: »

Are you asking if you can copy your notes onto this laminated sheet? If so, no, that is not how it is used. This sheet is used for your calculations by hand and/or any acronymns or such you wish to jot down so that sheet. Otherwise, it is not for your 'notes' carried in from the outside world.

You'll probably find you don't use it.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    Are you asking if you can copy your notes onto this laminated sheet? If so, no, that is not how it is used. This sheet is used for your calculations by hand and/or any acronymns or such you wish to jot down so that sheet. Otherwise, it is not for your 'notes' carried in from the outside world.

You'll probably find you don't use it.

cool.

i thought people were using these things as a 1 page notes.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I mainly use the laminated sheet to keep track of questions I know the answer to. I sometimes use it to work out a network diagram or a chart.