CCENT, How long should I study

MercfhMercfh Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I recently graduated from College, and I have a TON of study materials. I have saved up alot of money from my previous job so I will basically have around 2 Months of Absolutely nothing but studying to do.

Do you think this is enough time (i plan on setting up my own lab as well) To prepare for the CCENT? I have a technical background + programming but not much in the way of networking.

Comments

• sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    I am also prepping for CCENT, and I am going to tell you what I was told when I asked this same question.

You are the only one who will be able to decide when you are ready. Personally, I do not take any cert exam until any any thing I read about the particular cert in this case CCENT comes so redundant and known to me.

2 months is a good while, but I am currently going into my 3rd month of prep for CCENT, but I tend to take piece by piece approach which helps me learn, but obviously takes longer, but thats what works for me .

Back to what I was originally saying. You can bust it out and probably do it in 2 months with no problem, but as a disclaimer you will be the only one who can judge your readiness at the end of the 2 month learning period.
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You are the only one who will be able to decide when you are ready.

+1 to this. Everyone absorbs information at a different rate, have a different level of knowledge coming in, spends a different amount of time studying each day, etc.

But if over the next two months you spend a LOT of time on it, then it's definitely do-able. And if you're not completely ready at that point, you can at least be pretty close.
  • VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    alan2308 wrote: »
    +1 to this. Everyone absorbs information at a different rate, have a different level of knowledge coming in, spends a different amount of time studying each day, etc.

But if over the next two months you spend a LOT of time on it, then it's definitely do-able. And if you're not completely ready at that point, you can at least be pretty close.

If your just looking for a number I studied 5 months , but like the other guy said everyone is different. I read the book cover to cover then slammed the boson exam simulator until i was getting over 90% every time . good luck
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • cisco_certscisco_certs Member Posts: 119
    I studied 5-6 months on my CCNA. maybe CCENT could be less.

My background before studying CCNA were: 2 years of learning networking in school, and 2 years desktop support experience.

I studied 6-8hrs a day, everyday.