Passing both A+ and Security+ this week = awesome

thebogman87thebogman87 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I decided that I'd begin my certificate career three weeks ago and bought vouchers for S+ and both A+ exams. I'm working on my master's in computer security and have really been putting off the whole certification route for a long time. I'm probably going to be working for the DoD so both these certs will help me.

I kind of did it out of order, but I pass Security+ last Wednesday and passed with a 825 and I just took both A+ exams today. I got an 835 on the Essentials and a 820 on the Practical. I'm really happy to get both done before the Jan 1 deadline and even happier to pass both before Christmas break. icon_cheers.gif

Good luck to everyone that's taking it in the next week!

Comments

• headshotheadshot Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice work bro man. :D
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Very nice, got em' out of the way before the end of the year.
  • TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
    Both in one week, Impressive. Congrats.
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

• Magus1Magus1 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Have you given any thought about going 3 for 3 with a network + under your belt ? : )
  • thebogman87thebogman87 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone!
    Magus1 wrote: »
    Congrats Have you given any thought about going 3 for 3 with a network + under your belt ? : )

I've given it some thought but since A+ fulfilled my DoD Technical 1 requirement, I'll pass on the Network+ and work towards my CISSP now. Maybe someday I'll pedal backwards and grab the Network+ but my interest is more in security, forensics and Linux systems.

I was thinking about grabbing the Linux+ cert since it sounds like it automatically gives you the LPIC-1 and Novell CLA. I've found that knowing Linux (I've been using it since the first keyboard touched my fingers haha) has been a huge plus when getting on fun work/school projects and I'd like to put a certification behind my skills. Is the Linux+ a good route to go?
  • lanrexng2lanrexng2 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The new Linux+ certified by the LPI seems concrete to me. It can't hurt to add Red Hat for funn icon_smile.gif
    M Sc Computer Science == 1% completeA+, Network+, Security+, CCENT == 100% complete
    ICND2, RHCSA, C/C++, Python, x86,