North East Snow

TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
I LOVE IT!!!!...Feels like I`m back in Siberiaicon_cool.gif (Not reallyicon_lol.gif) I had a gig this morning for HP and AT&T after a personal early morning appointment. I thought it would take me 40 mins to get there plus 20 mins of shoveling. I have never been so pleased to own a 4x4 vehicle. After shoveling for about 5 minutes i said, "Vint eto(screw this), I'm just gonna drive over it." And i did. Caught a glance of this guy still shoveling out his car(started about 10 mins before me) as i drove past him up the block. The highways were so empty. I wound up getting to Astoria in 15 minutes...had time to get one of those hot chocolates with half the white chocolate and half the normal chocolate. Highly recommend it, as it was delicious.

Well i hope those in the surrounding areas are having fun or at least enjoying the day(s) off of work.

Re-post with your story, Gotta be some out there.
[CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    We got some snow in the South!

It's suppose to get down 13 degrees tonight. Yikes! icon_sad.gif

attachment.php?attachmentid=792&stc=1&d=1293480265
  • TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240

13 degrees, wow, that's colder than it is up here. I saw a picture on the news where the snow on this guys deck was about 21 inches high lol
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

• gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    We had our first white Christmas here in 128 years! The last bits of snow have melted now and I am ready for Spring!!
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod

It was nice to have a white Christmas down here!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    My story would be a week or so old......

And it's 19 degrees at 2:30 in the afternoon here. ;)
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
    SteveLord wrote: »
    My story would be a week or so old......

And it's 19 degrees at 2:30 in the afternoon here. ;)

A friend of mine claimed while he lived in Iowa he could spit and it would freeze by the time it landed. :)
    It was nice to have a white Christmas down here!

Agreed, and since it will be nearly 60 on Friday I can't complain :D
  • arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No snow here, but I got to work this morning and our boiler was dead. It was about 55 degrees in the building, and the service company got it back up and running at 11:30 AM. Felt fine in my office with all the PCs running. :)
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm right outside of NYC right now....this is a picture of my yard....this should give you a good idea of how bad we got it. Between the snow and wind, plus the snow that we got from rooftops, a lot of us got hit with FEET of snow. FEET!!

Shovelin' my car out was not fun today.....
  • TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
    erpadmin wrote: »
    I'm right outside of NYC right now....this is a picture of my yard....this should give you a good idea of how bad we got it. Between the snow and wind, plus the snow that we got from rooftops, a lot of us got his with FEET of snow. FEET!!

Shovelin' my car out was not fun today.....

Yea, i saw that Jersey was in a state of emergency. Closed all the shops and what not. They said AAA had so many calls, if you called them, they would tell you to call 911.

Yea, i saw that Jersey was in a state of emergency. Closed all the shops and what not. They said AAA had so many calls, if you called them, they would tell you to call 911.

People are morons....78 is shut down and the Turnpike (14A at least) is a parking lot. You got trucks that have been there since last night that are still there as I type this.

Only reason I dealt with my car is just to warm it up and work on getting rid of some snow; I wasn't going anywhere today.

I feel bad for that guy on the L-I-E who just got back from a deployment and was stuck there for three hours with a 3 month old. Thankfully both were fine.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Friend of mine went home to New Jersey for christmas with the family. She was supposed to be coming home tomorrow, but the flight has already been cancelled. She's quite upset, needless to say.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Gee that white stuff looks just like the stuff on the distant mountains where it belongs. It is sunny and 63 degrees F at 2pm. After a week of rain and then more xmas night I am enjoying this even though 63 is a little cold for my taste.
    que music from Midnight Cowboy.
    Going where the weather suits my clothes / Banking off of the North East wind, / Sailing on summer breeze /And skipping over the ocean like a stone
    Woa Woa Woaaaaaaaaaa
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Here in MN we set a record for the most snowfall in the month of December - 33 inches. I still have close to 30 on my deck! Weather is calling for another round of snow over New Years Eve.
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    As my mother would say, colder than a well diggers behind. It actually snowed for hours on Christmas day, unfortunately none of it stuck. Even after midnight the snow that did accumulate melted fairly quickly. About the most was on car windshields and that too vanished with the sun. Gonna get down to 24 this evening, at least if it's going to be that cold it should snow to give me something to look at. icon_lol.gif
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
    Problem with Jersey and snow. There is no where to put it! People just brush off their windshield and drive off, leaving 3/4 of an igloo behind on the street. In Iowa, we're use to it, but we still complain about it. I'll take that over having the state shut down...and worrying about 10x as many cars sliding into me. The highways are in great condition within 24hrs here....and 90% of your travel from A to B is on it.

Suck it tri-state area! I'll let you know next time we're hit...because you'll get it next! :D
    SteveLord wrote: »
    Problem with Jersey and snow. There is no where to put it! People just brush off their windshield and drive off, leaving 3/4 of an igloo behind on the street. In Iowa, we're use to it, but we still complain about it. I'll take that over having the state shut down...and worrying about 10x as many cars sliding into me. The highways are in great condition within 24hrs here....and 90% of your travel from A to B is on it.

Suck it tri-state area! I'll let you know next time we're hit...because you'll get it next! :D

Dude, IA always gets feet of snow. In the tri-state, not so much. We tend to get crap like this every couple of years. IA seems to get it every year. New England (the further up you go....I don't count lower CT) have pretty bad but the Midwestern winters suck like no other. NJ is the worst I will ever feel...when I'm done with Jersey, I'm going down South...when they get 20-40 degree weather, I'll still have just a t-shirt on and feel ok.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The snow we had christmas night and the day after hung around somewhat. Anyplace with open, grassy areas it hung around all day on the 26th (my birthday) and I got out visited family in the area as I was out of town up until christmas day at the in laws down in Mobile. Spent the week leading up to christmas there in weather that had me outside in a T-shirt. I came home in the snow and it's been in the 20's since then. It's supposed to warm up later this week so I'll be able to clean up all the broken off limbs in the yard.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    State of Emergency? Maybe a Snow Emergency, but there wasn't a declared State of Emergency. We got about 12 to 14 inches in my area, I took a half day. The shore area got close to 24 inches and Atlantic City declared an emergency on Sunday night. I had two sets of friends who did get out of the airports to their destinations (Florida and Jamaica). Now I will probably get screwed out of my vacation day on Thursday....that will make for one unhappy Grinch....
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    State of Emergency? Maybe a Snow Emergency, but there wasn't a declared State of Emergency.

New Jersey, New York, Maine, Massachusetts were all declared "state of emergency"...to name a few.

And lets not forget...every year is the "worst blizzard yet or in X amount of years!" icon_cool.gif
  • Unforg1venUnforg1ven Member Posts: 108
    Central Jersey got completely smashed to say the least. I need no set appointment, but hopefully I'll be able to get to the testing center icon_mad.gif
    Next on Tap>> WGU B.S. IT - Network Administration
    MCSA:2008 Complete >> Capstone left!

####################################
    "One of God's own prototypes... too weird to live, too rare to die..."
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I know no one will appreciate this but I would love to see real snow like that. I saw about 12x snow flakes in Japan a few years ago in the early spring.

Gonna be another 40 deg c (104f?) here this weekend.
    The Onion News Network just released a short video on the storm. ;)
  • exampasserexampasser Member Posts: 718 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Here on the coast of NC we almost had a white Christmas, had snow on the 26th. Sadly most of it has melted, but there is a possibility of getting snow again in the near future.