Anybody looking for work around Hopewell VA?

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
PM me I might have a great opportunity. Of course I will want to hear your background. I am putting my reputation on the line here. I view most of you like IT brothers and sisters. I like to help hopefully I can here.

This is contract work with paid vacations. On call and over time is approved.

Job task anywhere from setting up servers (WINTEL, SQL, specialized OS and software)

Doing infrastructure, tearing and rerouting fiber and other cables. Setting up physical infrastructure for servers and routers.

You will be dealing with a lot of networking and will assist in day to day support operations.

PM me or reply in the thread.

Willing to train so if some of this is not in your skill set you won't be saying that for long ;)

Comments

• PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I wouldn't say I'm looking for work around VA, but I do need work somewhere...

Do you have any more information about the position?
    What quailifications would match that position??
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Priston wrote: »
    I wouldn't say I'm looking for work around VA, but I do need work somewhere...

Do you have any more information about the position?
    What quailifications would match that position??

Your education fits the bill. It's going to be a lot of networking. Troubleshooting and setting up networks. Do you have any work experience?
    About 10 months running voice and data cables. Installing access points, Phones, POS systems, and other network devices.
    Most of the work is for commercial businesses.
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    About 10 months running voice and data cables. Installing access points, Phones, POS systems, and other network devices.
    Most of the work is for commercial businesses.

That sounds like a cool gig.
    N2IT wrote: »
    That sounds like a cool gig.
    It sometimes is, but i'm not making enough to live on my own. Especially since some weeks there isn't enough work for everyone.

I'm currently living with my parents and my parents are planning on moving to the Fredrick area in MD sometime in April or May. So I got to move somewhere. I may end up having to move with them. I hear MD has a good job market, I'm just not sure how good it is around Fredrick.
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    It sometimes is, but i'm not making enough to live on my own. Especially since some weeks there isn't enough work for everyone.

I'm currently living with my parents and my parents are planning on moving to the Fredrick area in MD sometime in April or May. So I got to move somewhere. I may end up having to move with them. I hear MD has a good job market, I'm just not sure how good it is around Fredrick.

Fredrick not so much. The jobs tend to be in Baltimore, DC/Virgina area. Frederick is about 2 hours or so from DC/Virgina area, but its about an hour maybe less from Baltimore.

Jobs are very abundant around here...people who have their resume online and they have some good skills you can easily get 4-5 calls a week about jobs.
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    ibcritn wrote: »
    Fredrick not so much. The jobs tend to be in Baltimore, DC/Virgina area. Frederick is about 2 hours or so from DC/Virgina area, but its about an hour maybe less from Baltimore.

Jobs are very abundant around here...people who have their resume online and they have some good skills you can easily get 4-5 calls a week about jobs.

Yup. With my education and CCNA I get constant calls. However I am employed and working on a promotion. The Northern VA area is the Silicon Valley of the East. Most of it is government work or government support, so a clearance is almost required.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus