Just Passed My 7AM Appointment

zedronzedron Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
So, being the procrastinator I am I scheduled the test Wednesday afternoon to take it this morning because that was the only available option. Plus to make it even better, instead of going to my normal testing center which is 15 minutes away I had to go to the only one within 50 miles that had an availability which was a little over an hour away. Nevertheless I woke up at 5AM to get ready to head out to a 7AM appt time.

Passed with a 878.

Only material i used was the SYBEX CompTIA Security+ Study Guide by Emmett Dulaney and a brief overview of some CBT-Nugget videos.

The things I feel that were not covered much in the material I had based upon the missed questions in my objectives were are related to risk assement/mitigation and crypto.

Comments

• Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    wow, congrats, great score, and you may have the title of getting the last cert of 2010 in TE world
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • capitalsowncapitalsown Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    zedron wrote: »
    So, being the procrastinator I am I scheduled the test Wednesday afternoon to take it this morning because that was the only available option. Plus to make it even better, instead of going to my normal testing center which is 15 minutes away I had to go to the only one within 50 miles that had an availability which was a little over an hour away. Nevertheless I woke up at 5AM to get ready to head out to a 7AM appt time.

Passed with a 878.

Only material i used was the SYBEX CompTIA Security+ Study Guide by Emmett Dulaney and a brief overview of some CBT-Nugget videos.

The things I feel that were not covered much in the material I had based upon the missed questions in my objectives were are related to risk assement/mitigation and crypto.

Heh, almost exactly my story, except you scored 3 points higher than me, took it today instead of yesterday, and scheduled it for 7 AM instead of 2:30 PM. But, yeah, me too, the only place that was available was about an hour away and that was pretty much the only time they had open. Congratulations!
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    wow, congrats, great score, and you may have the title of getting the last cert of 2010 in TE world

Unless my friend passes his test scheduled for 5 PM and I get him to join the forums ;).
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Unless my friend passes his test scheduled for 5 PM and I get him to join the forums ;).

Even then, we still have a whole lot of day left.....it wouldn't surprise me to see some evening test takers come back and report the win!

To the OP, Congratulations and welcome to the club! icon_thumright.gif
    erpadmin wrote: »
    Even then, we still have a whole lot of day left.....it wouldn't surprise me to see some evening test takers come back and report the win!

To the OP, Congratulations and welcome to the club! icon_thumright.gif

Yeah, true, but you also must consider a lot of centers may not be open for full hours on New Year's Eve.
  • zedronzedron Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, true, but you also must consider a lot of centers may not be open for full hours on New Year's Eve.

Agreed. The test center I went to did extended hours for today and yesterday to accommodate the flood of people trying to get in and get the lifetime cert. Their normal operating hours are M-F 9-5 but they changed them for today and yesterday to 7-9. I am glad they did that because they were the only ones with availability. All of the other test centers were not even open today because they are all located inside educational facilities and being winter break are closed.
  • RoyalRavenRoyalRaven Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Took mine at 6PM today and was out at 7:15PM with a passing score! I did have to drive about 75 miles to the test center as it was the only one open today. I do like this test center though, I've always passed exams there :)
  • citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
    Congrats on the pass!