Is it wise to start on this before the Client Exam?

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
I found a really good deal on 290 so I picked up the book. I have the OS loaded and ready to learn. Is there any negatives to taking 290 before the client exam?

I have A+ and N+ out of the way so........

Comments

• someehsomeeh Member Posts: 143
    N2IT wrote: »
    I found a really good deal on 290 so I picked up the book. I have the OS loaded and ready to learn. Is there any negatives to taking 290 before the client exam?

I have A+ and N+ out of the way so........

I would start with the client, there is material that overlaps after you've taken the client which makes it a little more easier.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think you'd be alright. I felt the 290 was easier than the 270. If you do the lab exercises, you can get some experience with adding clients to domain, configuring etc. I think you mentioned in a different post, that you had 5 years experience with XP, so you're good :D
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Psoasman wrote: »
    I think you'd be alright. I felt the 290 was easier than the 270. If you do the lab exercises, you can get some experience with adding clients to domain, configuring etc. I think you mentioned in a different post, that you had 5 years experience with XP, so you're good :D

I do have 5+ year. I do appreciate the responses from both of you.

I have the book coming in this week, so hopefully it will come with a 180 day distro and I can run it on a VM.

I can't wait to get this rolling! I figured since 680 is a newer exam that will be the last one I do.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    hey just curious... but why do you keep switching? that would frazzle my brain... I have to pick one subject and stick to it until it's done or it eats at me
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    hey just curious... but why do you keep switching? that would frazzle my brain... I have to pick one subject and stick to it until it's done or it eats at me

My brain is always frazzled from work ;)
  • someehsomeeh Member Posts: 143
    N2IT wrote: »
    My brain is always frazzled from work ;)

Amen to that!! lol
  • Repo ManRepo Man Member Posts: 300
    Is your work environment XP or 7 and are you still looking for a new job?

I'd probably do the server exams first if you're still looking for a new job unless you plan on taking the 70-685 exam and/or not planning to do server 2008 exams after. When I was thinking of my future studying/exams it didn't make much sense to do server exams then client exams then server exams. It's all preference really.
    Repo Man wrote: »
    Is your work environment XP or 7 and are you still looking for a new job?

I'd probably do the server exams first if you're still looking for a new job unless you plan on taking the 70-685 exam and/or not planning to do server 2008 exams after. When I was thinking of my future studying/exams it didn't make much sense to do server exams then client exams then server exams. It's all preference really.

We are in the middle of a migration so both technically.

I am more into the being able to obtain knowledge and functional ability than being certified, however I do want a certification to show my hard efforts, where my reward is, is actually being able to do the work. I want to have server 2008 s2 and set it up for AD, DNS, DHCP, and WINS. I want a file server that is connected. I don't want everything sitting on one session that's easy. I want to connect multiple platforms together, including several clients. One server having PiXiE on it. You get the point. Right now I am nothing but academic knowledge and theory. I want to turn that into functional knowledge. And hopefully with support from this forum and hard work I will get there.

This is going to take me a while, but I am willing to be patient and to be diligent.