Hands on with PacketLife

NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
For those that don't already have it book marked you should head over to packetlife.net as they provide some great resources for Cisco and networking in general. They just recently put up a community lab section that allows you to get some hands on experience without paying for the all the expensive equipment.

Community Lab - Packet Life

Comments

• peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    NightShade,

You're absolutely correct about PacketLife... Jeremy Stretch is doing outstanding work for the networking community... I encourage all of those interested in getting some free hands on (you can donate) with Cisco gear... REALLY GOOD Cisco gear... to head over to his website! HTH.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    +1 he has been doing some great work, the lab keeps growing strong thanks to some good donator's. I have that and Free CCNA Workbook bookmarked and visit them frequently.
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    Hey, I just signed up to use this lab today. Was wondering how long it took to get signed up to use the lab?

Looks like you only get lab time once a week?

BTW, I'm subscribed to his blog...

thanks
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JockVSJock wrote: »
    Hey, I just signed up to use this lab today. Was wondering how long it took to get signed up to use the lab?

Looks like you only get lab time once a week?

BTW, I'm subscribed to his blog...

thanks

It depend how fast is your mail provider ;)

I'm registered there as well and posting sometimes.
    I haven't used his lab yet because i don't think it's necessary for me until i get into the SWITCH exam because they have 2x 3550 and 2x 3560 and i will certainly use them when i'm ready to it. They have 2 blocks you can "rent" or you can go for the whole block of about 10 routers and 5 MLS with 2 or 4 ip phones.

Jeremy stretch is very in love with networking and i suggest everyone here to get his **** sheets on his website. I have them and i give them a review everytime before passing an exam.