Drum Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!

security techsecurity tech Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed the exam...807!!! The exam was actually easier then i expected. They asked me a ton of question on VoIP, hardware tools, network devices, routing protocols. A few WAN & LAN questions. A few troubleshooting questions.No subnetting questions. very few DNS, Port, OSI model questions. Overall the exam was very straight forward, some questions where worded crazy, but I expected that from Comptia.

Study materials:
Mike Meyers
mcse.com
techexams notes

I just wanted to thank everyone one on this forum for their encouraging words through my Sec+ & Net+ journey. Next stop is CISSP. I am a Network Security person. I wanted to take this exam to become more technical and I think I achieved it (some what...lol).

Comments

• ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    I passed the exam...807!!! The exam was actually easier then i expected. They asked me a ton of question on VoIP, hardware tools, network devices, routing protocols. A few WAN & LAN questions. A few troubleshooting questions.No subnetting questions. very few DNS, Port, OSI model questions. Overall the exam was very straight forward, some questions where worded crazy, but I expected that from Comptia.

Study materials:
    Mike Meyers
    mcse.com
    techexams notes

I just wanted to thank everyone one on this forum for their encouraging words through my Sec+ & Net+ journey. Next stop is CISSP. I am a Network Security person. I wanted to take this exam to become more technical and I think I achieved it (some what...lol).

Congrats on the pass! CISSP is (as I am sure you know) insanely harder then both Network+ and Security+ combined, so good luck!
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    awesome dude! i personally think practice exams can sometimes be alot harder than the actual tests comptia give.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • gunbunnysouljagunbunnysoulja Member Posts: 353

Congrats on the pass! CISSP is on my list for 2011 as well.. I will most likely get the Associate of ISC^2 status until I fulfil the requirements. They have a boot camp class at Fort Gordon that is free to DoD which my boss was talking about going to so if I can tag along I am definitely going to take advantage of it. Buying the AIO CISSP v5 book shortly and will study for several months.

Also on the 2011 goal list are CCNA, Server+, MCDST, and MCITP EDST7
    WGU BSITStart Date: July 1, 2013
    In Progress: CJV1 (4 CU)
    Transfered: WFV1, TJP1, CLC1, INC1, INT1, EUP1, EUC1, BVC1, GAC1, DHV1, DIV1, CWV1, CRV1, DEV1, CTV1, DJV1, IWC1, IWT1, CVV1, RIT1, CIC1, CJC1, TBP1, TCP1, EAV1, EBV1, TJC1, AGC1 (82 CU)
    Completed: MGC1, TPV1, CUV1 (14 CU)
    Remaining: BOV1, BNC1, TXP1, TXC1, TYP1, TPC1, SBT1, QZT1 (22 CU)

• security techsecurity tech Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! CISSP is on my list for 2011 as well.. I will most likely get the Associate of ISC^2 status until I fulfil the requirements. They have a boot camp class at Fort Gordon that is free to DoD which my boss was talking about going to so if I can tag along I am definitely going to take advantage of it. Buying the AIO CISSP v5 book shortly and will study for several months.

Also on the 2011 goal list are CCNA, Server+, MCDST, and MCITP EDST7

Oh that is great. I plan on buying both AIO and CISSP CKB. Maybe CISSP for dummies. I plan to study for at leat 6 months. I wish you the best in all your future plans.
    awesome dude! i personally think practice exams can sometimes be alot harder than the actual tests comptia give.

I totally agree!!!!
    ibcritn wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! CISSP is (as I am sure you know) insanely harder then both Network+ and Security+ combined, so good luck!

I know...I will take at least 6 months to study!!
  • scottm1211scottm1211 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass I took it today as well scored an 882 had no Idea it would be as easy as it was!
  • phonetic.manphonetic.man Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Looks like you did your homework.
    Network+ and Security+ were both easier than I expected too. Just shows what you can do if you put in the time.
    Currently studying: Backup Academy, CWNA, MCSA:08, iBoss ISCP
    scottm1211 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass I took it today as well scored an 882 had no Idea it would be as easy as it was!

Congratz on your pass!!!!
    Congrats on the pass. Looks like you did your homework.
    Network+ and Security+ were both easier than I expected too. Just shows what you can do if you put in the time.

Thanks, you are totally correct.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63