Options

CUCM7 lab question

I hope this is an easy one.

Our MCS's came with 7.1(5), which the Cisco SME quickly upped to v8 when he installed them for us. I'd like to use the 7.1(5) discs to VM us a lab. I understand that this requires cloning the mac and IP from our production servers. I can not, however, find the licence file or PAK from the original install.

Is there a way, from within CM, to find and produce this information?

Much obliged,
Mike
There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.

Comments

• Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    Mike.. not sure exactly what you're trying to do..

but.. if all you want is ccm7 on vmware then you dont need the mac clone or pak license..

vmware + ccm provides 150 DLU and 3 node licenses for a "lab" config.
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    tokhss wrote: »
    Mike.. not sure exactly what you're trying to do..

but.. if all you want is ccm7 on vmware then you dont need the mac clone or pak license..

vmware + ccm provides 150 DLU and 3 node licenses for a "lab" config.

Ah, I wondered how that was done... having read several threads with that kinda set up.

So the rather obvious and hopefully not too noob of a question... I don't need anything more than what I already have? You make it sound like I get presented an option during the installation to config a lab, and thereby not have to worry about licencing. Is this the case?

And I appreciate your help... thanks.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

• Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Just need the installation media - demo/default license is installed automatically.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    yup.. when you load up vmware, point it to your cd, let it run, you will have 3 options.. first.. full blown CM .. next, unity then cm business i believe.

just choose the first option (call manager) and you will be on the right track =)

have fun!
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    tokhss wrote: »
    have fun!

Hah... fun! Nothing about this process is easy.

Which friggin ip do I use as a default gateway... the ipconfig of the physical box apparently won't work. I have the physical and two virtual? I guess it must be one of the virtual.
    SMTP? I assume I can skip this step.
    DNS? The IP of my linksys router? or the dns of my ISP?
    Domain name? Can I create a ficticious one? or leave it blank? Do you guys run AD in your home labs?

Fill me in on what you guys did for the above. I suppose I should read a install guide, eh? Guess I`ll go looking for one now.

• Options
    mikearama wrote: »
    Hah... fun! Nothing about this process is easy.

Which friggin ip do I use as a default gateway... the ipconfig of the physical box apparently won't work. I have the physical and two virtual? I guess it must be one of the virtual.
    SMTP? I assume I can skip this step.
    DNS? The IP of my linksys router? or the dns of my ISP?
    Domain name? Can I create a ficticious one? or leave it blank? Do you guys run AD in your home labs?

Fill me in on what you guys did for the above. I suppose I should read a install guide, eh? Guess I`ll go looking for one now.

Which friggin ip do I use as a default gateway.?
    your data vlan default gateway. not your voice!

setup vmware to act a physical nic and check off that option under it.. i cant remember right now what its called.

DNS: ISP or setup any dns server that you have setup on your router. example.. open dns, 4.2.2.2. or any other free open dns thats already setup on your router.

use the domain from your network.. if your dhcp servers domain-name is HOMELAB, use that.. but im not sure if thats a requirement.