Engineers who work for multiple customers

shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
How do you manage all your access and security?

Some I have SSL VPN, some IPSEC, others I have to RDP from a certain IP.

I'm looking for some simpler ways to be able to log into all the customers I service with the lease amount of hassle.
Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related

Comments

• mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    How could that possibly happen, since, as you said, all your customers could reasonably have different equipment / policies?

Unless you want to install something onsite at each customer... ouch. That would be a political nightmare. Speaking from our experience, not even our most trusted partners/suppliers have autonomous entry into our location. There's no way they would be permitted to create another entry/exit point into our enterprise.

Good luck.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    RDP with firewall rules only allowing access from our VPN's IP.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    shodown wrote: »
    How do you manage all your access and security?

Some I have SSL VPN, some IPSEC, others I have to RDP from a certain IP.

I'm looking for some simpler ways to be able to log into all the customers I service with the lease amount of hassle.

You will have to suck it up Im afraid. It's something you could ask your resident architect.
  • vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm no scripting expert, but it seems that you should be able to write a script for each customer so you've only got one thing to click on. The scripts could take care of activating the VPN, launching ssh, rdp, etc and filling in IPs, username, password and other variables. It would be a bit cumbersome if those variables changed frequently though.

That's my 2 pesos....
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm no scripting expert, but it seems that you should be able to write a script for each customer so you've only got one thing to click on. The scripts could take care of activating the VPN, launching ssh, rdp, etc and filling in IPs, username, password and other variables. It would be a bit cumbersome if those variables changed frequently though.

That's my 2 pesos....

Could be a security risk. I wouldn't go there without authority.