Passed Project+ (2009)today

stangmanstangman Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well I PASSED! icon_cheers.gif Sure glad this is over. Scored 777/900 could care less about the score just happy this boring stuff is over. Used the sybex project + for this and must have read that thing cover to cover over six times. Used the Ucertify practice exam to help out but word of caution if you do get your self a copy of the PMBOK or the PMP management book. They use that as a reference. Another off the list for my WGU classes.

Comments

• erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats brother...Victory is Yours! :D
  • FrankThFrankTh Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.
    Studying and planning to apply for this one in early may.

FrankTh
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have this one tomorrow. I'm finding it hard to study for because it is extremely boring, and that is makes it hard for me to be motivated about studying.
  • Krusty_47Krusty_47 Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have this one tomorrow. I'm finding it hard to study for because it is extremely boring, and that is makes it hard for me to be motivated about studying.

Join the club on that. I am taking it on Monday. Seriously where is Darril when you need him?
    Goals for 2011.

Graduate from WGU by Dec 2011. I have almost 80 CU's starting in February. This is also my new years resolution for 2011.

On the list for January 2011
    Project+ and CIW Foundations.
    Krusty_47 wrote: »
    Join the club on that. I am taking it on Monday. Seriously where is Darril when you need him?

Yeah, no kidding... icon_lol.gif
    Bummer, missed with a score of 693. Back to the books icon_rolleyes.gif
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    To the OP Congrats!!! Good luck on your WGU journey.

Sorry to hear it, I was rooting for you. Since you didn't miss it by much, I know you'll get next time.

Oh my...sorry to hear that.

I'm guessing much of what you need to study for is "Planning" (2.x) from the score report. You missed it by literally one question. Focus on the planning and schedule to take the exam asap (like yesterday). We all know you'll murder it the next time you take it. You'll find that when you take it the second time, there will be a lot of gimmes. At least that's what I found when I took it...
    erpadmin wrote: »
    Oh my...sorry to hear that.

I'm guessing much of what you need to study for is "Planning" (2.x) from the score report. You missed it by literally one question. Focus on the planning and schedule to take the exam asap (like yesterday). We all know you'll murder it the next time you take it. You'll find that when you take it the second time, there will be a lot of gimmes. At least that's what I found when I took it...

Is it scores@wgu.edu that you are suppose to send the report to? I can't seem to get a hold anyone.
    Is it scores@wgu.edu that you are suppose to send the report to? I can't seem to get a hold anyone.

Yeah....though I usually fax mine in. But that is the address I used.
  • TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
    To the OP
    Congrats on the pass. This is the next cert on my list.

By the way, What is the PMBOK? And the PMP management book, is that a specific book or a focus of a few books?
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

To the OP
    Congrats on the pass. This is the next cert on my list.

By the way, What is the PMBOK? And the PMP management book, is that a specific book or a focus of a few books?

A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In a nutshell, it is a real thick a-- book that is more of a reference than anything else. It is like reading the dictionary. It can be done, but you don't really want to unless you're in prison for a long time. You wouldn't use it (solely) to study for the PMP, CAPM or Project+.
  • stangmanstangman Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In a nutshell, it is a real thick a-- book that is more of a reference than anything else. It is like reading the dictionary. It can be done, but you don't really want to unless you're in prison for a long time. You wouldn't use it (solely) to study for the PMP, CAPM or Project+.

This is the PMP book I was refering to. It is written by the same woman who wrote the sybex book on Project+ (PMP: Project Management Professional Study Guide, Fifth Editionby Kim Heldman Sybex © 2009 (672 pages) Citation ISBN:9780470455586)

As far the PMBOK I only looked up items to get more clarification on them to help with my studying.

Almost forgot. For those at WGU, they changed the way we have to transmit our scores now. We used to send off our score sheets by email (scores@wgu.edu) or fax them in. Unfortunately someone ruined this for all of us and once you take the exam you have to go to CompTia and put together a transcript to have the scores sent over. This becomes a real pain to get things over when it is crunch time at the end of the term.
    stangman wrote: »
    Almost forgot. For those at WGU, they changed the way we have to transmit our scores now. We used to send off our score sheets by email (scores@wgu.edu) or fax them in. Unfortunately someone ruined this for all of us and once you take the exam you have to go to CompTia and put together a transcript to have the scores sent over. This becomes a real pain to get things over when it is crunch time at the end of the term.

I suspected some jerk tried to send a falsified score report. It is my hope this D.B. got thrown out for academic dishonesty.

That is a pain, because it takes days for that transcript to get updated. I only hope that this won't have a negative impact on those who take certs around the last possible second.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • stangmanstangman Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I suspected some jerk tried to send a falsified score report. It is my hope this D.B. got thrown out for academic dishonesty.

That is a pain, because it takes days for that transcript to get updated. I only hope that this won't have a negative impact on those who take certs around the last possible second.

Yes, they were booted out and yes I voiced my displeasure with my mentor about all of this. I mentioned how it can take days to get done.
  • Jack2Jack2 Member Posts: 153
    Did this just happen? I sent my 1st results in two weeks ago and it posted within a few days. I just passed the second test on Saturday and emailed that in too. I have not received any notice to post my results differently.
    WGU Courses Completed at WGU: CPW3, EWB2, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, TNV1| TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CVV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, TXP1, TYP1, CUV1, TXC1, TYC1, CJV1
    Classes Transferred: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 ,1LC1, 1MC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
    WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014
    Jack2 wrote: »
    Did this just happen? I sent my 1st results in two weeks ago and it posted within a few days. I just passed the second test on Saturday and emailed that in too. I have not received any notice to post my results differently.

AFAIK, they are going to be sticklers for this come 2/1. When I passed TPV1, I sent my results the old way and I got credit for it. I'm not worried about sending a transcript at this point because all of my certs are updated. However, they did want the transcript in the e-mail I got from the assessment group. Told my mentor about it and told him that it would be days before I saw an update (and it was days) on my transcript. He said go ahead and update do it the old way for now.

Ouch, I hadn't heard about this... icon_sad.gif