Passed!

dtli919dtli919 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Thanks to members on the forum, I've found out which books to use to study for my Network+ exam :) I never had networking experience other than installing my home wifi router and studied for a week straight and got a score of 845.

I remember working my rear off on subnetting just to find that there were no questions related to subnetting ><

Anyways, thanks again to everyone here. Great forum :)

Comments

• TenorTenor Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dtli919 wrote: »
    Thanks to members on the forum, I've found out which books to use to study for my Network+ exam :) I never had networking experience other than installing my home wifi router and studied for a week straight and got a score of 845.

I remember working my rear off on subnetting just to find that there were no questions related to subnetting ><

Anyways, thanks again to everyone here. Great forum :)

Congrats!
  • IRONMONKUSIRONMONKUS Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • FeedyFeedy Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats!! do you mind sharing which book that was that was recommended? I am currently studying for my A+ certification and using the Mike Meyers 7th edition study guide. Is this a good book for the A+ certification? Thanks in advance!!
  • mickeycoronadomickeycoronado Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats keep at it!
    "Are you suggesting that coconuts are migratory?!"
  • dtli919dtli919 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Feedy wrote: »
    congrats!! do you mind sharing which book that was that was recommended? I am currently studying for my A+ certification and using the Mike Meyers 7th edition study guide. Is this a good book for the A+ certification? Thanks in advance!!

I bought the CompTIA Network+ Study Guide: Exam N10-004 by Todd Lammle. I think it's about $30 on amazon.

On a side tip/note, I purchased an exam voucher on ebay from the seller "calarttech" and it came with some online notes + practice exam. I'd highly recommend getting that because I clearly remember there were questions on the practice exam that were exactly the same as the ones on the actual exam.

But for the A+ exam, I used Michael Meyers'. It was a very good book, but personally, I wanted/needed more practice exam questions so I also got CompTIA A+ 220-701 and 220-702 Exam Cram by David L. Prowse.
  • FeedyFeedy Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dtli919 wrote: »
    I bought the CompTIA Network+ Study Guide: Exam N10-004 by Todd Lammle. I think it's about $30 on amazon.

On a side tip/note, I purchased an exam voucher on ebay from the seller "calarttech" and it came with some online notes + practice exam. I'd highly recommend getting that because I clearly remember there were questions on the practice exam that were exactly the same as the ones on the actual exam.

But for the A+ exam, I used Michael Meyers'. It was a very good book, but personally, I wanted/needed more practice exam questions so I also got CompTIA A+ 220-701 and 220-702 Exam Cram by David L. Prowse.

thanks for the tip!!!
  • biker_dudebiker_dude Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would second the recommendation for Exam Cram by David Prowse. It really helped me out for the A+.
  • Bellman80Bellman80 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I agree Exam Cram by David Prowse was good and straight to the point. I'd be wary of the ebay deals though. The practice questions were the same as the actual questions? Sounds like a braindump to me.
  • ODNationODNation Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats! good cert to have
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! Good cert to have on your resume. I also used Exam Cram for the Network+ and it was very helpful. :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • ShawksShawks Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Outstanding! I took the NET + back in 2003 and just found out I have to retake it again to be current. I will check into those books you suggestd.
    Cheers.
    Stephen Hawks
    B.S.I.T
    Started Dec 1, 2010
    Completed: EWB,BAC1,BBC1,CLC1, LAE1, INC1, LAT1, TEV1, TTV1, LUT1, QLC1, INT1, WFV1,WSV1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1 ,QMC1, QLT1,TSV1,AKV1,LWC1, LET1, ORC1, IWT1,WDV1,MGC1, TPV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, C220,C221. DEGREE COMPLETED!
  • DandozDandoz Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I passed the Network+ last August, and I found it confusing to study for, since there was such a wide breadth of topics I had to memorize.
  • someuser23someuser23 Member Posts: 103
    Good work, about how much was the test?
    Ribs still touching....