Pre-Order CCNP Security Books *Amazon*

chrisonechrisone CISSP, eCPPT, CCNP RS, CCDP, CCNA SEC, LFCSPosts: 1,821Member ■■■■■■■■□□
2019 Goals:
Courses: Real World Red Team Attacks- AppSec Cali 2019 (complete), Active Directory Attacks for Red and Blue Teams Advanced Edition - BlackHat,
Certs: SLAE, Certified Red Team Professional - Pentester Academy (in progress), Certified Red Team Expert - Pentester Academy

Comments

• JSKJSK Posts: 166Member
    FWIW, 642-637 rough cuts are now available on Safari.

CCNP Security Secure 642-637 Official Cert Guide, Rough Cuts
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Posts: 2,073Member ■■■■■■□□□□
    Wow, those are some pretty expensive books. Looking forward to it! (well not the price)
    -Daniel
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas CISSP, GIAC x5, CompTIA x5 Greenville, SC USAPosts: 5,735Member ■■■■■■■■■■
    Awesome! :)
    Currently working on: Linux and Python
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Posts: 5,031Inactive Imported Users ■■■■■■■■□□
    Looks good. I might wait to the self study guides come out.
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Posts: 2,621Member
    It'd be nice if the books came out before or at the same time the tests did. I have recently had an itch to complete some new Cisco certs but really don't want to wait four more months to get some rags to read.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    [email protected]
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas CISSP, GIAC x5, CompTIA x5 Greenville, SC USAPosts: 5,735Member ■■■■■■■■■■
    What kind of lab do you need in order to complete the CCNP Security?
    Currently working on: Linux and Python
  • QHaloQHalo Posts: 1,488Member
    What kind of lab do you need in order to complete the CCNP Security?

Pretty much an IE level lab topology. I'd rack rent. If you want to be able to do everything including security contexts on the ASA's and active/active failover you'll need nothing short of ASA5510's with Sec Plus licenses. They run about $2k a piece. If you're hellbent on a lab I just use INE's Security IE rack rental topology for a primer.