I was thinking about going to a guaranteed school

kidjudgekidjudge Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
I know that people in this forum will frown on this but I was thinking of going to a guaranteed school because of my work schedule 7 on 7 off 12 hour shifts. Can anyone suggest any that are under 500 for the a+ certifications

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What is a guaranteed school?
  • kidjudgekidjudge Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What is a guaranteed school?

From what I have seen on the web they are a school that guarantees that you pass I guess that they just force feed you the questions. They dont pay for the tests but help you pass
    kidjudge wrote: »
    From what I have seen on the web they are a school that guarantees that you pass I guess that they just force feed you the questions. They dont pay for the tests but help you pass

Those places are likely to be choke full of ****. All your going to do is have a piece of paper with not even enough knowledge to pass an IT interview. Even if they are not using **** it's likely to be a speed course in which case you will just be memorizing facts and not applying them.

For a few books you can get the books and pass after a month of studying.
  • Jack2Jack2 Member Posts: 153

Why not save yourself the money. Get the McMCSE study notes. Get a good set of A+ books and study for 2-6 weeks depending on your experience.

Get a good practice exam to make sure you are close to knowing your stuff and schedule a test. Pass, Study a little more for the second. Pass. Your done!!

Take your self out to dinner! and you still have money in your pocket.

BTW: is that Joey Chestnut in your avatar?

He is a local boy, My wife used to work with his mom.
    WGU Courses Completed at WGU: CPW3, EWB2, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, TNV1| TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CVV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, TXP1, TYP1, CUV1, TXC1, TYC1, CJV1
    Classes Transferred: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 ,1LC1, 1MC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
    WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014
    I have Mike Meyers book what else is suggested? And Prof Messers free videos
    I have Mike Meyers book what else is suggested? And Prof Messers free videos

I'm a big fan of the ExamCram2 for A+. It's well written and is great when used in conjunction with Mike Meyers book or another.

Amazon.com: CompTIA A+ 220-701 and 220-702 Exam Cram (9780789742421): David L. Prowse: Books
    I'm a big fan of the ExamCram2 for A+. It's well written and is great when used in conjunction with Mike Meyers book or another.

Amazon.com: CompTIA A+ 220-701 and 220-702 Exam Cram (9780789742421): David L. Prowse: Books

Thank you I will check that out
    Jack2 wrote: »
    Why not save yourself the money. Get the McMCSE study notes. Get a good set of A+ books and study for 2-6 weeks depending on your experience.

Get a good practice exam to make sure you are close to knowing your stuff and schedule a test. Pass, Study a little more for the second. Pass. Your done!!

Take your self out to dinner! and you still have money in your pocket.

BTW: is that Joey Chestnut in your avatar?

He is a local boy, My wife used to work with his mom.

Yeah thats him

Just ordered the book thanks
  • shaX 07shaX 07 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I also recommend the ExamCram A+ book. Just be aware that the practice questions inside the book are much easier than the actual exam questions, so don't put a ton of stock into them. It's good to review them for sure, but if you can answer them correctly don't assume you can answer the real test questions correctly.
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Server+
    Vendor Certs: Epic Client Systems Management, Epic Client Systems Management w/ Hyperspace Web
    College: B.S. - Computer Information Systems
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd reccommend a screw driver and a PC.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
    shaX 07 wrote: »
    I also recommend the ExamCram A+ book. Just be aware that the practice questions inside the book are much easier than the actual exam questions, so don't put a ton of stock into them. It's good to review them for sure, but if you can answer them correctly don't assume you can answer the real test questions correctly.

Thank you will do
  • biker_dudebiker_dude Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just ordered the book thanks

I would second the Exam Cram. It is best to study the last couple weeks before you take the test.