Options

GCIA questions

idiotbox37idiotbox37 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

I'm new to this site and i have some questions about the GCIA.

i have a sec+ and cissp w/ 5 years experience in IDS log analysis. GCIA is apparently for noobs and "experts", is that accurate? It's always nice to have a refresh on the basics but does it cover more advanced topics?

is there any study material that can prep me for the course?

do the sans courses prepare you for the certification? i took a sourcefire training course years ago and they only mentioned half of what was on the certification exam.

thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    Make no mistake, GCIA is not a 'noob' cert at all. The course is pretty intense and you get to analyze packets down to the bit level. In addition to that, you also get to create advanced TCPDump filters and snort rules.

SANS will not only prepare you for the exam, but it will also give you a foundation that you can use immediately anywhere you are. I'm actually taking the OnDemand course for GCIA at the moment and I am loving every minute of it.

If you purchase the course material from SANS and put in the time you can expect to pass the certification exam with a score well above 90%. Hope I was able to answer some of your questions.
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.