Options

CCIE command memorizer

reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
Hey guys,

Has anyone used the CCIE command memorizer? I think Turgon might have. Is it any good? Seems affordable at least. Since I have a daily commute it might make sense to do some practicing of the CLI. What's your opinion?
Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    reaper81 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Has anyone used the CCIE command memorizer? I think Turgon might have. Is it any good? Seems affordable at least. Since I have a daily commute it might make sense to do some practicing of the CLI. What's your opinion?

It's ok if you use it daily just as a supplement to your studies and dont make the mistake of assuming that once you have done (for example) the switching section you are done with switching. There are key things in each technology it does not cover. There are bugs and errors. Typos.

Easy to use though, and some of the exercises did straighten out my understanding of some of the solution syntax constructs.
  • Options
    reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Sounds like it might not be worth 150 bucks. I'm thinking about how to spend my time on the commute to effectively prepare for the lab. I have flash cards in Anki that I will study but the rest of the time I might use something like the command memorizer or do more reading. What do you think would be more beneficial?
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    reaper81 wrote: »
    Sounds like it might not be worth 150 bucks. I'm thinking about how to spend my time on the commute to effectively prepare for the lab. I have flash cards in Anki that I will study but the rest of the time I might use something like the command memorizer or do more reading. What do you think would be more beneficial?

I found it quite useful when I want some drills or just a change of learning technique. It's handy when you have an hour to spare. I find it works well in combination with my Mnemosyne notes which I made for all the technology sections in the INE Vol 1 and Vol II labs. Not sure it's worth 150 bucks though. The programme isn't intelligent and not very original as everyone keeps notes. Add to which the updating of the programme to get errors out is nonexistent. There should be regular updates for me.