Setting sight!!!

MaSterOfGRapesMaSterOfGRapes Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Guys can the CCDE exam be given a direct shot or does it require other certifications to clear first !!
thanks
-Sid

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It's like the CCIE -- you need to pass the CCDE Written Exam to be able to schedule the Proctored CCDE Practical exam.

Cisco Certified Design Expert - CCDE - Cisco Systems
    There are no formal prerequisites for CCDE certification. Other professional certifications or training courses are not required.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • MaSterOfGRapesMaSterOfGRapes Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    It's like the CCIE -- you need to pass the CCDE Written Exam to be able to schedule the Proctored CCDE Practical exam.

Cisco Certified Design Expert - CCDE - Cisco Systems

hey thanks Mike :) well that's my future plan :D Gonna give my CCNA next month then CCNP>CCDA>CCDP>CCDE :) * btw hav to brush up CCNA:S>CSSP>CCIP * yay thinking too ahead , but u got to have a dream to achieve somethng. Btw i'm planning not to give any exam for anything else other then CCNA [ need that for getting a job now ] then direct CCDE written > CCDE lab . what do you thnink about this :)

thanks
    -Sid
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Btw i'm planning not to give any exam for anything else other then CCNA [ need that for getting a job now ] then direct CCDE written > CCDE lab . what do you thnink about this :)

thanks
    -Sid

I think its possible, but will take quite a while. You will probably be better off getting all of the certifications along the way. They will not only help you hit milestones to stay motivated, but also help you move up in your career along the way. Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • MaSterOfGRapesMaSterOfGRapes Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think its possible, but will take quite a while. You will probably be better off getting all of the certifications along the way. They will not only help you hit milestones to stay motivated, but also help you move up in your career along the way. Good luck!

Thanks Man !! :)
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I just posted this answering another question:
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Check out the Cisco Design Zone

I usually just go straight to the View All Design Guides Link and shop for my solutions there
    If you actually like Network Design and have what it takes to do the CCDE, those are links could be described as Cisco Network Design pron.

Try to actually read the "articles" at some point, but it is fun just looking at the pictures. icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • TesseracTTesseracT Member Posts: 167
    Damn the CCDE looks stupidly difficult
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    The CCDE requires you to comprehend advanced concepts and have the ability to deliver solutions that incorporate business, functional, and technical requirements to meet the needs of organizations from small shops to the Fortune 50. This certification draws from almost every facet within Network Architecture, Design, and Implementation in order to make the passing grade.

Scott Morris talked about his trek towards the CCDE a little while ago and he had mentioned that his preparation towards multiple CCIE's helped him prepare, but it was his hands on experience as a Network Architect that ultimately helped him obtain this credential. I still plan to go for this one in a few years, but I'd like to complete my CCIE R&S first.

Good luck to anyone going for this cert!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11