Check this epic deal out guys (and girls):

https://www.dreamspark.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductId=24

Might have to pick up an MCTS since it's "free"

Comments

• steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□

Nice find, but some of us could have issues getting verified as a student!
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I just registered with my WGU edu address and it worked!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    NICE, I probably wont use it though. After I do my last MS exam for WGU I'm doing the CCNA.
    Don't forget it must be used by June 30th.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • mattlee09mattlee09 Member Posts: 205

Wow, this is excellent!! I just went through the process of validating my Live acct as a student and was able to successfully register for 72-680.

Prometric's appointment website only allowed me to book 8 weeks in advance...time to go CRAM!! (I've got ICND1 on Mar 22, and this one booked for Apr 19...surely I can find somewhere for it to all fit in this big head)
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've heard that DreamSpark gives out free vouchers sometimes, but never got one myself until now. Thanks for the heads-up!!
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nice, good thing I'm taking the Install, Configure, Manage vSphere4 course at my local tech school through the VMware IT Academy. :D
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Cool, thanks :) Just registered our place for our students :)

-Ken
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    wow thanks alot!
    any ideas about using more than one code for another test? say from another student registering?
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It doesn't say anything about how many codes you can use, just that only 1 code per exam and that it must be taken by June 30th. I grabbed 1 for 70-643 since I'm switching to the NA track at WGU I'll have 3 of the 5 for the MCITP:EA to go along with the MCITP:SA I'll earn. To bad they don't offer the 70-647. I might grab 1 for Exchange 2010 or Virualization though.
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice.....hmmmm

*wonders can I use my .edu address from school...I've only been out a few months icon_twisted.gif
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    anyone know what to do if my community college doesn't give out email addresses? my school is on the list..
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It says you have to have a valid school ID. Make sure you bring that with you.
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    wgu is on the list so ill give it a go

im waiting on a dreamspark email
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    this needs to not be in off topic
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    wgu is on the list so ill give it a go

im waiting on a dreamspark email

I signed up with mine.
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    eansdad wrote: »
    I signed up with mine.

did ya get your code yet?

edit: got my code

i think im gonna take 70-686 cause wgu already has me in 70-680 that would get me MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7 on top of the MCITP: EA
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • skylineskyline Member Posts: 135
    Damn! icon_sad.gif
    Goals for '11
    MCITP: EA
    ITIL
    CCNA

Studying:
    MS press book 70-680
  • jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226

Fairly sure thats an ongoing promo. I got my free voucher a year ago, tried again today, and got the same voucher number. icon_sad.gif
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Oh man nice deal, getting one now. Must be a sign or something with the other Microsoft deal for students. Guess I will upgrade my certs sooner than I thought.

edit: got my code, thanks a ton

holy hell, noticed under the education listings that all the Microsoft certifications are 60 dollars..
  • badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    badboyeee wrote: »
    anyone know what to do if my community college doesn't give out email addresses? my school is on the list..

Okay I contacted(emailed) the DreakSpark Team yesterday and I received a reply from them an hour ago. They gave me a verify code to enter, so now I'm a DreamSpark member and got a code for a free exam! Thanks OP for the heads up icon_thumright.gif
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • Lemonade727Lemonade727 Member Posts: 177
    Just verified my WGU email and got my code. Going to hang onto it until I can schedule something a bit later for the 70-642. Figure I might as well do it and work towards that MCITP since it's free. It may interfere with my 1st term of WGU however since I start next Tuesday, so I might not get around to it.

Does anyone know if the codes are somehow tied to your Live ID that you used on the DreamSpark site? If not, I will probably just give the code to one of my student buddies that can use it if they want a 2nd code or if they don't register in time to receive a free one.
    Completed: EWB2, LAE1, WFV1, BAC1, BBC1, SSC1, SST1, BOV1, WSV1, GAC1, HHT1, QLT1, ORC1, LET1, MGC1, TPV1, INC1, WDV1​, INT1, LAT1, LUT1, IWC1, IWT1, KET1, KFT1, TWA1, CPW1
    Required:
    Finished! I'm a graduate now!
    Classes Transferred:
    AKV1, TTV1, TNV1, TSV1, ABV1, CLC1
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just verified my WGU email and got my code. Going to hang onto it until I can schedule something a bit later for the 70-642. Figure I might as well do it and work towards that MCITP since it's free. It may interfere with my 1st term of WGU however since I start next Tuesday, so I might not get around to it.

Does anyone know if the codes are somehow tied to your Live ID that you used on the DreamSpark site? If not, I will probably just give the code to one of my student buddies that can use it if they want a 2nd code or if they don't register in time to receive a free one.

This is a good question because I was thinking of getting my wife signed up for a free test code. If I can get my Mom to do it too, maybe I can get a free MCITP:SA
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I might have to do this :). I still got both my univ IDs from just a year ago.
  • AmcoAmco Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This is a good question because I was thinking of getting my wife signed up for a free test code. If I can get my Mom to do it too, maybe I can get a free MCITP:SA

This was my first thought too. I have an email from a community college and from EMU, and my wife has a .edu as well. That's three right there, I wonder.... icon_cool.gif

Thanks for posting this!
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    My current college isn't listed. I sent them an email asking how to proceed and to my surprise they sent me the free exam code along with the instructions to forward to the university staff. They never even asked my EDU email or school name. Works for me!
  • powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    UMUC does not give out email addresses....

...apparently it does! Just the motivation that I needed to really dig in and find this info.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The fine print says you need a student ID at the testing site but it also says that for all my cert exams I've taken through WGU but the test site has never asked for one.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nice find!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    earweed wrote: »
    The fine print says you need a student ID at the testing site but it also says that for all my cert exams I've taken through WGU but the test site has never asked for one.

The Prometric site said you can bring transcripts or less than a year old schedule of classes so I printed out unofficial copies of both. You can get a WGU ID card but I am working on the 200 DPI picture requirement, seems a cell phone picture in the mirror is not working lol.