Options

Failed 70-299 for a third time (getting closer)

I took the 70-299 again yesterday and failed with a 622. I have one free second shot again. This time I did well in the areas I did poorly in last time. I read the 2003 PKI book so that helped a lot on Certificates. Those 35 question tests are a killer. I had some pretty hard IPSec Questions on it so I need to review there again. Does anyone have any good books on IPSec and WSUS or online resources? I'd appreciate any suggestions on where to go from here.

Comments

• Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You officially have me scared lol.

Sorry to hear the bad news.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    You officially have me scared lol.

Sorry to hear the bad news.

Thanks man. Don't be too scared by it. I almost made it this time. It does seem like the question pool is a lot smaller for this exam and some of the questions cover random scenarios that you don't expect. I've had one question on all three attempts. If I had the same questions that I had last time, I probably would have passed. I am starting a new job as a Systems Engineer next week so hopefully I'll get some real world experience the next several months dealing with it and retake it.
  • Options
    I was thinking the 298 was my biggest problem and that after that the 299 would be cake. Not the case.
  • Options
    I was thinking the 298 was my biggest problem and that after that the 299 would be cake. Not the case.

Probably, a couple others posted here that they had trouble on the 299. It takes a very good understanding of the concepts to pass that one. The 298 did seem easier at least to me.
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□

I am stuck in 298 as well....it sucks. 298 is a tough one even though I understand the material too. It throws me off the way they grade these things
  • Options
    RomBUS wrote: »
    I am stuck in 298 as well....it sucks. 298 is a tough one even though I understand the material too. It throws me off the way they grade these things

Downloaded the practice transcender (going to buy it, just haven't got there yet). So far I only did the one case study, and got the answer write. But it was only an educated guess. It seems like that is how a lot of the design is. I don't like that there isn't a real concrete answer, it is more of a personal opinion. Secure to one is not secure to another.
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Downloaded the practice transcender (going to buy it, just haven't got there yet). So far I only did the one case study, and got the answer write. But it was only an educated guess. It seems like that is how a lot of the design is. I don't like that there isn't a real concrete answer, it is more of a personal opinion. Secure to one is not secure to another.

I have Transcender for basically the entire MCSE track. I used it but as you can see it didnt help me pass...also I dont know how often they update the exam packs but some of the questions on the 298 for Transcender look outdated...that's just me
  • Options
    RomBUS wrote: »
    I have Transcender for basically the entire MCSE track. I used it but as you can see it didnt help me pass...also I dont know how often they update the exam packs but some of the questions on the 298 for Transcender look outdated...that's just me

Make sure you get your refund, assuming you purchased within 6 months.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass. Looks like you are a couple of questions from nailing it. I agree, with a small question pool, every question counts.
  • Options
    Thanks y'all. If anyone has any ipsec or WSUS resources or books to read, I'd appreciate all suggestions.