*Friday Fun*

Comments

• SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It's not Friday yet, but I found this video hilarious!

Warning it does have some cursing, so keep the volume down. I actually know that brown bear though.......he would be the first one to pitch this to my boss....then when it craps out, I'd (or my colleague) would be the first one to clean up that mess.....

Xtranormal | Mongo DB is web scale
  • Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    I know its not friday yet, but i had to share this
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That was good. I haven't laughed like that in a long time.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    erpadmin wrote: »
    It's not Friday yet, but I found this video hilarious!

Warning it does have some cursing, so keep the volume down. I actually know that brown bear though.......he would be the first one to pitch this to my boss....then when it craps out, I'd (or my colleague) would be the first one to clean up that mess.....

Xtranormal | Mongo DB is web scale

I thought the iPhone 4 one was great: YouTube - iPhone4 vs HTC Evo

Something more up my alley: YouTube - You Should Work for Symantec
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Good for her parents for supporting her young aspirations. I see nothing to mock here.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    Its like a cross between alanis morissette and kids bop.

have you ever seen the movie the pest? there is a part that would be great for this song

While listening to bad karaoke, "you suck, you really suck, you make me wanna put hot poker in my ear"
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
    Panzer919 wrote: »
    Its like a cross between alanis morissette and kids bop.

have you ever seen the movie the pest? there is a part that would be great for this song

While listening to bad karaoke, "you suck, you really suck, you make me wanna put hot poker in my ear"

Did you read the comments? That first lady said it made her teeth hurt lol
  • hex_omegahex_omega Member Posts: 183
    I think everyone involved(except Black) in the production of this song and video are effing geniuses. I am dead serious too.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    "Friday comes after <pause>..."
    undomiel wrote: »
    Good for her parents for supporting her young aspirations. I see nothing to mock here.

I agree but people have to realize at some point that the Internet is cruel and unforgiving just like life haha.
    hex_omega wrote: »
    I think everyone involved(except Black) in the production of this song and video are effing geniuses. I am dead serious too.

The production itself is solid agreed.

The actual singing is :/
    YouTube - Rebecca Black - Friday (Unplugged)

Just like Nirvana, she has a unplugged rendition.
    THey knew all the infamy they would create through Youtube/Twitter et al. This thing has blown up beyond all comprehension. Rebecca Black is a demigod. And we are her sinful, peon worshippers.
    THey knew all the infamy they would create through Youtube/Twitter et al. This thing has blown up beyond all comprehension. Rebecca Black is a demigod. And we are her sinful, peon worshippers.

icon_biggrin.gif

That is hiliarous

Do you think we should create a Rebecca Black sticky or maybe rename the forum with her name somewhere in the title?
    2012 is just around the corner. Maybe she is the Anti-Christ?

Recent world events have been really frightening me.

Egyptian Revolution > Japan Tsunami > Rebecca Black

Are you seeing a pattern here?
    2012 is just around the corner. Maybe she is the Anti-Christ?

Recent world events have been really frightening me.

Egyptian Revolution > Japan Tsunami > Rebecca Black

Are you seeing a pattern here?

Absolutely! icon_cheers.gif

The lyrics are hiliarous. Saturday is Friday!

We we we we so excited!
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Justin Bieber is sounding better every minute.....
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
    I want to sue someone for the loss of 3 minutes and 47 seconds of my life. Be it N2IT for posting this crap, Forbes for writing about this crap for N2IT to post, T-Pain for making auto-tune the standard in the crap that sells for music...

I feel really bad for this girl, because people are telling her lies that she's "talented"...everything about that video was just God-awful. The song is garbage, the video is garbage, the token rap guy was garbage....the whole teeny-bopper thing garbage.

I guess with 'Glee' being so popular, we're gonna see more of this crap?! I guess should keep my radio on AM.........lmao. (Ten years ago that would have NEVER happened...EVER.....now I just got old, I guess.....)
    I want to sue someone for the loss of 3 minutes and 47 seconds of my life. Be it N2IT for posting this crap, Forbes for writing about this crap for N2IT to post, T-Pain for making auto-tune the standard in the crap that sells for music...

I feel really bad for this girl, because people are telling her lies that she's "talented"...everything about that video was just God-awful. The song is garbage, the video is garbage, the token rap guy was garbage....the whole teeny-bopper thing garbage.

I guess with 'Glee' being so popular, we're gonna see more of this crap?! I guess should keep my radio on AM.........lmao. (Ten years ago that would have NEVER happened...EVER.....now I just got old, I guess.....)

+1

Did you see the unplugged version? Her friends, agents, whoever are on the couch just feeding her lies.

It's unbelievable.

I apologize for posting this video. I apologize for making fun of this girl. I apologize for degrading the forum with this.

I will leave it at that.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    N2IT wrote: »
    +1

Did you see the unplugged version? Her friends, agents, whoever are on the couch just feeding her lies.

It's unbelievable.
    I couldn't make it throgh the whole thing. Monotonous and boring. I want to know who told her to record this so they can be shot. I couldn't bring myself to expose myself to the unplugged version.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    N2IT wrote: »
    Did you see the unplugged version?

I want us to still be friends...so no! :D
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Man, 23 million views. The unplugged version has ~3k likes with a staggering 30k+ dislikes

Edit: And ouch... so many people calling her the B-word in the comments.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
    I want us to still be friends...so no! :D

LOL

Way to funny man
    CodeBlox wrote: »
    Man, 23 million views. The unplugged version has ~3k likes with a staggering 30k+ dislikes

That is crazy nobody likes it
    CodeBlox wrote: »

She is still a child (13 in fact), so those type of comments against a child are unwarranted.

I don't blame her at all...I blame her parents/handlers for encouraging her to put out crap for the sake of fame. I hope she doesn't become another mal-adjusted teen gone wild... icon_sad.gif
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Apparently the song has home truths that you people just can't handle:

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
    Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
    Tomorrow is Saturday
    And Sunday comes afterwards

It's stuff that we can all relate to.

You know she's only 13 and it's an amateur music vid, right? She didn't write the song and it was meant for gaining experience in the recording biz.

Damn, remind me not to show you any of my kid's kindergarten paintings. I don't think my 3 year can handle the criticism from grownups.
    LOL mike. The lyrics are profound and for sure give you a different perspective. It's like I no longer have these blinders obstructing my world view.
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    Apparently the song has home truths that you people just can't handle:

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
    Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
    Tomorrow is Saturday
    And Sunday comes afterwards

It's stuff that we can all relate to.

You know she's only 13 and it's an amateur music vid, right? She didn't write the song and it was meant for gaining experience in the recording biz.

Damn, remind me not to show you any of my kid's kindergarten paintings. I don't think my 3 year can handle the criticism from grownups.
    Pedantic note: Sunday technically comes before Saturday. Afterall, it IS the beginning of the week without bringing religion into this.

Nonetheless, she got the fame she might have been looking for.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
    mikedisd2 wrote: »

I'm sorry, but there were plenty of kids throughout history that have been both musicians and talented. This young woman, very sadly, is not one of them. However, at best, that criticism was supposed to be constructive and honest. She is 13 so she has time to work on that. Furthermore, my beef isn't with this young girl; it's with her handlers for allowing her to be shown in a negative light. If I had seen that video before it went "viral", I would have said the exact same thing I say now.

This is hardly the same as your kid doing kindergarten drawings...that's not even a fair analogy to be honest.
    I'm sorry, but there were plenty of kids throughout history that have been both musicians and talented. This young woman, very sadly, is not one of them. However, at best, that criticism was supposed to be constructive and honest. She is 13 so she has time to work on that. Furthermore, my beef isn't with this young girl; it's with her handlers for allowing her to be shown in a negative light. If I had seen that video before it went "viral", I would have said the exact same thing I say now.

This is hardly the same as your kid doing kindergarten drawings...that's not even a fair analogy to be honest.

45 million views icon_lol.gif

Wow