suggestions on A+ cert study books

spirituallizardspirituallizard Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Afternoon folks
I am currently working as IT support tech (without certification) and looking to start getting A+ certified first then networking etc
i need some feedback about which would be the best book to prepare in addition to online material for the 701 and 702 A+ cert exams
so far i have found
CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Seventh Edition (Exams 220-701 & 220-702) by michael meyers
or
CompTIA A+ Complete Certification Kit(Exams 220-701 and 220-702) quentin doctor

my only concern is that with the introduction of windows 7 to the exam this year which edition would be most relevant?
I hear that as long as you have a strong understanding of vista, the windows 7 components of the exam are a piece of cake but i just want to cover all my bases.
Thank you in advance for your assistance
Graham

Comments

• Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Seventh Edition (Exams 220-701 & 220-702) by michael meyers

its the A+ bible.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • BacsiloveBacsilove Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□

its the A+ bible.

I'm using this book atm. Its great, I really love the practice test cd that comes with the book. You should really check it out, its probably the best A+ book on the market right now.
  • RPMar52RPMar52 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Afternoon folks
    I am currently working as IT support tech (without certification) and looking to start getting A+ certified first then networking etc
    i need some feedback about which would be the best book to prepare in addition to online material for the 701 and 702 A+ cert exams
    so far i have found
    or
    CompTIA A+ Complete Certification Kit(Exams 220-701 and 220-702) quentin doctor

my only concern is that with the introduction of windows 7 to the exam this year which edition would be most relevant?
    I hear that as long as you have a strong understanding of vista, the windows 7 components of the exam are a piece of cake but i just want to cover all my bases.
    Thank you in advance for your assistance
    Graham

Check out Professor Messer's online videos as well.

I wouldn't worry too much about Windows 7. Myers does include it, although not as in depth as 2000/XP/Vista, but if you understand Vista you'll know enough about Win 7 for exam purposes.
    Studying for: Linux+; C|EH
  • jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    Mike Meyers all the way. His A+ and Network+ books are top notch.,
  • spirituallizardspirituallizard Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the replys folks really appreciate it