Options

To those who have taken the CCIE Voice written:

RickRandhawaRickRandhawa Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Currently I'm studying and labbing through all the CCNP Voice v8 Student guides and Lab guides. I'm nowhere near taking my CCIE Voice written exam yet, but I'm more curious than anything.

How much new material/ more in depth is the written exam as compared to the CCNP Voice.

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Most people who have prob taken the written recently may not have much exposure to the current CCNP Voice track. With that said I have been doing practice questions in the back of a vendors written exam book and they ask some in depth questions about what messages are sent back and forth and why when using the signalling protocols. Also you have to add in contact center and presence and unity connection. I think those are covered in the new track, but contact center has been left out again.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    RickRandhawaRickRandhawa Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    shodown wrote: »
    Most people who have prob taken the written recently may not have much exposure to the current CCNP Voice track. With that said I have been doing practice questions in the back of a vendors written exam book and they ask some in depth questions about what messages are sent back and forth and why when using the signalling protocols. Also you have to add in contact center and presence and unity connection. I think those are covered in the new track, but contact center has been left out again.

Thanks, I forgot to take into account that the v8 track was brand new.

I'm planning to get my uccx cert beforehand so I'm sure that'll help me as well.