CEH Eligibility Form

powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
What have you all done for the form in regards to self-study? My firm is sponsoring internal training that is not official curriculum, so we have to claim self-study? If you had the CISSP already, did you list that to support your experience, as it has a greater experience requirement than the CEH? Thanks.
2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro

Comments

• powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This process isn't very good... but I got through it.
    • Boss wrote a letter validating my experience
    • I filled out the application form
    • I provided a copy of my driver's license

I sent these to the email address that EC Council indicated and I never received any sort of reply. I called them up and the nice woman on the other end asked me to email them directly to her and she provided my code within five minutes.
  • steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for posting this. I've always been hesitate to start studying for it because the Eligibility portion seems like a hassle.
  • blackholeblackhole Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    can you tell me CISSP experience is good for them or they are looking into specific domain??
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    powerfool wrote: »
    • I provided a copy of my driver's license
    They requested your DL for identification? I wonder why their certification process would require that level of PII.
    ......... may be to to establish Accountability
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I guard giving out my DLN with the same reservations as my SSN. The only recent memory I have of needing to give a copy of my DL online was to sign up for an academic discount software site. And they had no problem with me blanking the DLN in the scanned image.
    blackhole wrote: »
    can you tell me CISSP experience is good for them or they are looking into specific domain??

It was very non-specific. My boss just made a bullet-point list of some security tasks that I have performed: compliance, firewalls, VPNs, policy development, and access-control.
    JDMurray wrote: »
    They requested your DL for identification? I wonder why their certification process would require that level of PII.

I had to provide my DL for the CISSP, as well, IIRC. In any event, it was pretty useless, as it was copied and then rescanned... so the quality was horrible overall. All the more reason why it seemed pretty ridiculous, as they accepted it.
    @powerfool : they just sent me form, can you tell mr you boss had to address EC Council on company letterhead about your work experience?

I work for ISP not sure I have to go to HR for that ?
    blackhole wrote: »
    @powerfool : they just sent me form, can you tell mr you boss had to address EC Council on company letterhead about your work experience?

I work for ISP not sure I have to go to HR for that ?

Well, after all of the trouble, I didn't even need the thing...
  • KunkelKunkel Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just had my supervisor write a paragraph that said I had enough experience on company letterhead. I also attached my resume for good measure.
    powerfool wrote: »
    This process isn't very good... but I got through it.
    • Boss wrote a letter validating my experience
    letter addressed to EC Council or "To whom soever it may concern"