Labsim question

Hello all,

Apparently the community college I go to has a deal with Labsim where I can get any of their courses for $59 each. Since this seems like a pretty amazing deal, I want to load up on some of their courses to supplement the studying I am doing (CCNA, some of the Microsoft tests, Security+, etc.). The question I have is: Do I get perpetual access to the courses I purchase, or are they only accessable for a set period of time? Thanks in advance for your help!

Adam

Comments

• themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
    AFAIK once you buy it, they are yours. And most are digital based, so you can install the software on a home computer and office computer but sign in with the same account. It will keep track of where you're at between the two locations.
    Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
    Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
    CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
    Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013
  • SneakDoggSneakDogg Banned Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't think that's correct. We used the A+ Essentials labsim in a course I took and the license was good for three years. BTW the price they gave us was $89.00.
  • SneakDoggSneakDogg Banned Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Also, the labsims are, in my opinion, extremely effective to help you study for and pass a certification exam. I'm not sure I would use labsim as a supplement to a course since it's such a time consuming exercise. Might make more sense to just keep up with the reading assigned by your teacher from the textbook. But if you're planning to take the exams, by all means, go for it!
  • certhelpcerthelp Member Posts: 191
    SneakDogg wrote: »
    Also, the labsims are, in my opinion, extremely effective to help you study for and pass a certification exam. I'm not sure I would use labsim as a supplement to a course since it's such a time consuming exercise. Might make more sense to just keep up with the reading assigned by your teacher from the textbook. But if you're planning to take the exams, by all means, go for it!

LabSim is used in courses by colleges and you enroll inside the LabSim client. You select your institution, instructor and course/class number. So, you don't have a choice to supplement or not unless you are willing to make up for the grades otherwise. LabSim automatically scores you based on your progress. Instructors usually use it to grade the students.

Of course the LabSims can be bought without enrolling in any college. But, colleges are the primary target of TestOut's LabSims not non-students. Customers without a valid college e-mail address will have to buy at the regular price (around $500).
  • bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    Thanks for all the help guys. Apparently my school receives a special deal where they are indeed $59 each, so I will have to take full advantage of that. Also, I don't forsee using these to supplement my courses will be an issue (I typically study 3-4 hours a night anyway).