Where to get a Master's in Information Systems (Business Intel)

westwardwestward Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
What are some good schools that offer an MIS degree?

Preferably not online-only, but a B&M with online option, or hybrid.

For instance, Boston University has an awesome program, perhaps a little on the costly side. Any ideas?

Comments

• westwardwestward Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Almost 60 views and no comments?

But why!
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    where the heck do you even live?
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Hada944Hada944 Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Here is a real good Masters program. It's in Data Mining which is very closely related to Business Intelligence.

CCSU - Data Mining

Central Connencticut State University. Program information:

CCSU - Data Mining
    "Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough"
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The B&M Online Masters Thread would, for sure have an answer to your inquiry. (Probably not the exact name, but you should be able to find in the IT Jobs/Degrees section.....huge enough thread that can't be missed.)
  • pinkydapimppinkydapimp Member Posts: 732 ■■■■■□□□□□
    ideally you want to try to find the best B&M in your area.

In my area, Drexel and Stevens institute of technology were both great choices and both have very good online programs. I went with Stevens and am doing the masters in Information Systems with a concentration in security.

good luck.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    In my area, Drexel and Stevens institute of technology were both great choices and both have very good online programs. I went with Stevens and am doing the masters in Information Systems with a concentration in security.

That's a pretty big area, friend...unless you're in the middle of Hoboken, NJ and Philly. I'm a lot closer to Stevens than Drexel....(Philly is a good 1 hour and a 30...) Hoboken, about 20-40 minutes (depending on traffic)....

I wish NJIT had a decent online program though... icon_sad.gif
  • slyeslye Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    westward wrote: »
    What are some good schools that offer an MIS degree?

Preferably not online-only, but a B&M with online option, or hybrid.

For instance, Boston University has an awesome program, perhaps a little on the costly side. Any ideas?

Seattle Pacific University MS-ISM
    School of Business and Economics
  • videguyvideguy Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've been considering the program at BU as well. I have been to a couple of their informational webinars to see what they have to offer.
    The cost is about average for a masters from a well known and respected school like BU. It comes down to you get what you pay for. I am just completing my bachelors from an online school that also has a B&M presence. It's a decent school, but not well known. A masters from a well known school would help people over look that my bachelors is from a small less known school.
    Bachelors of Science in Information Technology - Database Administration Concentration
    Summa Cum Laude - April 2011

The only difference between brilliance and stupidity is that brilliance has limits.
  • pinkydapimppinkydapimp Member Posts: 732 ■■■■■□□□□□
    erpadmin wrote: »
    That's a pretty big area, friend...unless you're in the middle of Hoboken, NJ and Philly. I'm a lot closer to Stevens than Drexel....(Philly is a good 1 hour and a 30...) Hoboken, about 20-40 minutes (depending on traffic)....

I wish NJIT had a decent online program though... icon_sad.gif

I choose Stevens because it was closer to me and is very well respected in the NYC area where i live. However, Drexels program is very well respected as well and if i didnt get into Stevens i definitely would have gone with Drexel especially being that i am doing them online. Both have top 10 ranked online programs in the nation btw.

You should definitely look at Stevens if your in the area.