Cisco Phones Time Wrong

joey74055joey74055 Member Posts: 216
Good morning, I was wondering if someone could help me, for some reason over the weekend all of our phones are an hour ahead (old time change date) but the servers the callmanager runs on has the correct time. We are on callmanager 4.x. Any suggestions?

Comments

• MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    Check to see if Option 42 or NTP are configured to the correct server in the DHCP pool. If you are not deploying NTP setting via DHCP, check the date/time on your PoE switch.
  • joey74055joey74055 Member Posts: 216
    yeah, there not getting the time from the switch as its time isn't correct but the phones times are not the same as those switch times. Pub is pointing at a NTP but NTP is not the issue, the server has the right time its the phones that are wrong. They magically jumped ahead one hour over the weekend but the servers didn't. I am going to restart the Pub and the Sub after hours to see what happens.
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    Back in 2005, the DST transition was on April 3rd at 2am. :)
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Some of the time profiles are messed up in CCM. Its been almost 3 years since I touched a CCM4, but what you can do is create a new time group, edit that time. Then create a new device pool(copy the one your phone is in) Add the new time to that one and test it out on your phone by applying the new device pool to your phone. That way you can test without bringing down all the phones.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    shodown wrote: »
    Some of the time profiles are messed up in CCM. Its been almost 3 years since I touched a CCM4, but what you can do is create a new time group, edit that time. Then create a new device pool(copy the one your phone is in) Add the new time to that one and test it out on your phone by applying the new device pool to your phone. That way you can test without bringing down all the phones.

yeah, I tried this already too but with no luck icon_sad.gif
    joey74055 wrote: »
    yeah, I tried this already too but with no luck icon_sad.gif

Aw, I think this will work. The phones are showing Eastern Time, servers showing Central Time (we are in CST) so I need to change my Date/Time Group to Mountain Time.
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    joey74055 wrote: »
    Aw, I think this will work. The phones are showing Eastern Time, servers showing Central Time (we are in CST) so I need to change my Date/Time Group to Mountain Time.

I don't think that's it. Check your DST settings. If you're still on standard time rather than DST, you'll be an hour ahead.
    Netwurk wrote: »
    I don't think that's it. Check your DST settings. If you're still on standard time rather than DST, you'll be an hour ahead.

The DST settings on the server is not not checked so the server did not adjust its time an hour ahead, only the phones.
    Well I "fixed" the issue by changing the Date/Time Group to Mountain Standard Time. Weird....