Options

Questions About Internship?

Ok recently for the past week ive been interning at Triumph Motorcycles. So far Ive been Repairing Computers, Configuring them to access the companies network, Ive dealt with Active directory, Microsft Exchange and been tampering with Servers and Switches. Im currently studing for my CCNA and MCSA, Even though this is an internship should i ask them about hiring me on full time as a Network Technician or Jr Network Admin or should i just proceed with the internship and just go from there.
Currently Studying for Network+, Server+, and Security+

The computer was born to solve problems that did not exist before

Comments

• Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    You're only a week into the internship and think they'll give you a full time position already? Why did you apply for and take the internship if you wanted a full time job?

I'd say discuss it when your internship is almost done. If they really like you then it's likely that they'll want to hire you full time at that point.

You can ask now but I really doubt it'll get you anywhere.
  • Options
    geeksquad09geeksquad09 Member Posts: 177
    Akaricloud wrote: »
    You're only a week into the internship and think they'll give you a full time position already? Why did you apply for and take the internship if you wanted a full time job?

I'd say discuss it when your internship is almost done. If they really like you then it's likely that they'll want to hire you full time at that point.

You can ask now but I really doubt it'll get you anywhere.

No i applied for the job as a warehouse worker, there was no internship i applied for, i worked in the warehouse for a day. The guy who runs the network told me to treat this experience as an internship.
    Currently Studying for Network+, Server+, and Security+

The computer was born to solve problems that did not exist before