CEH Exam

JinverarJinverar Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello

I have looked on prometric for the CEH test. I could not find the exam. Can someone point me in the right direction for challenging the exam?

Thank you.,
Jinverar, TSS

Comments

• the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Pretty sure you have to use Pearson VUE for CEH....
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • -Foxer--Foxer- Member Posts: 151
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    Pretty sure you have to use Pearson VUE for CEH....

No, I used prometric. It's in there, just under the EC Council exams.
  • Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You can take it at either. The exams are typically under the vendor name.
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology
  • JinverarJinverar Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I found the exam on prometric under EC council TY. Currently I am still wondering if I should take the CEH exam. in 2010 I passed A+ N+ Sec+. I work in a high security field. in the past few weeks I configured a few cisco switches and routers and am playing with the CCNA Vs the Ethical Hacker certs. Has anyone recently had this debate? if so what was the outcome?
    Jinverar, TSS
    I think the CCNA would give you a better knowledge base before studying for the CEH. I am not saying you have to take the test but the knowledge you would gain from the books would only help you with CEH.
    Degrees:
  • ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    Jinverar wrote: »
    I found the exam on prometric under EC council TY. Currently I am still wondering if I should take the CEH exam. in 2010 I passed A+ N+ Sec+. I work in a high security field. in the past few weeks I configured a few cisco switches and routers and am playing with the CCNA Vs the Ethical Hacker certs. Has anyone recently had this debate? if so what was the outcome?

My choice was easy...job said ok CEH/CISSP....I still plan on going back and completing CCNA I have the voucher.....if I had a choice I would do CCNA first.
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA
    Couple extra questions

In regards to the C |EH and E |CVP exams, do people who pass these exams have to recertify every three years? example Cisco and Redhat recert every three years with other rules.

If we create cool hacking standard operating procedures is it good to post them to this forum?

Thank you.
    Jinverar, TSS
    You can or you can use continuing education credits for them like the CISSP.
    Degrees:
  • foydefoyde Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Godd luck, I'll take my ceh exam next tuesday!
    Thank you for the posts. It looks like I am slowly getting ready for the exam. I am using CEHV6 course ware from Nuggets, Learn key, Mile2. I have my A+ N+ and Sec+. I started studying the exam content in January. I have a few more questions below

1. Is there any networking + questions like sub-netting and IP address.
    2. Has anyone passed using this course ware?
    3. are there any acronyms that can help me for the exam?
    4. Are there easy ways to memorize the Hacker tools?

5. Most of the course I am using have all kinds of tips related to the list below. what are my chances?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CEHv6 Module 25 Cryptography
    CEHv6 Module 26 Penetration Testing
    CEHv6 Module 27 Covert Hacking
    CEHv6 Module 28 Advanced Virus Writing Techniques
    CEHv6 Module 29 Assembly Language Tutorial
    CEHv6 Module 30-32 Exploit Writing Techniques
    CEHv6 Module 33 Reverse Engineering
    CEHv6 Module 34 MAC OS Hacking
    CEHv6 Module 35 Hacking Routers, Cable Modems and Firewalls
    CEHv6 Module 36 Hacking Mobile Phones, PDA and Handheld Devices
    CEHv6 Module 37 Bluetooth Hacking
    CEHv6 Module 38 VoIP Hacking
    CEHv6 Module 39 RFID Hacking
    CEHv6 Module 40 Spamming
    CEHv6 Module 41 Hacking USB Devices
    CEHv6 Module 42 Hacking Database Servers
    CEHv6 Module 43 Cyber Warfare- Hacking Al-Qaida and Terrorismg
    CEHv6 Module 44 Internet Content Filtering Techniques
    CEHv6 Module 45 Privacy on Internet-Anonymous
    CEHv6 Module 46 Securing Laptop Computers
    CEHv6 Module 47 Spying Technologies
    CEHv6 Module 48 Corporate Espionage by Insiders
    CEHv6 Module 49 Creating Security Policies
    CEHv6 Module 50 Software Piracy and Warez
    [/FONT]
    Jinverar, TSS
  • powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have a feeling that there are huge numbers of people that use unethical training materials based on the poor level of preparation that goes into bootcamps and students previous experience when entering into that training (and from what I heard them talking about).

Honestly, the exam covers a lot of material, and some of it can get very deep despite the fact that there is broad amount of concepts and material. The ideal background, in my opinion, would be someone that has experience equivalent with the following certifications:

MCSE (2000 or 2003, Security specialization a plus... MCITP EA is not in depth enough on its own)
    CCNA Security
    Linux+

I don't have a Linux+, but I have considerable experience with Linux. Honestly, Linux knowledge is probably the least necessary, but just a basic set of skills with Linux, like logging in and navigating the file systems via the command-line and running tools.

Otherwise, to really understand the topics, you will need a lot of studying. I have to say that I have not come to terms with this exam... I really felt odd about it after taking it. I am considering developing my own training for it after my sub-par experience at a bootcamp. I have to say that the bootcamp really added nothing to my knowledge.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
    I totally understand what you are saying. In my opinion experience out weighs certifications

For experience I have over 10 years working in the field. I am a system admin of many windows servers from win 2000, 2003 - and recently building a windows 2008. All systems are under different classifications. I have a great wealth experince on exchange, domino, and linux. I am not so good with cisco but did work on a 2621 xm and 2950 switch for a month or two.

With linux I remember the very first release of backtracks. Currently have the USB bootable persistent changes with nessus. I have my own PBX in a flash (Cent OS) t. Black signals my business is the redhat ready partner and I'm working on that cert for RHSA

The reason why I don't have any certs is due to the military not certifying us......so I am being proactive after CEH going for CCNA and then microsoft or redhat.

Your wisdom is invaluable it's almost like we need sponsors for the computer fields now.
    Jinverar, TSS
  • powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Jinverar wrote: »
    I totally understand what you are saying. In my opinion experience out weighs certifications

For experience I have over 10 years working in the field. I am a system admin of many windows servers from win 2000, 2003 - and recently building a windows 2008. All systems are under different classifications. I have a great wealth experince on exchange, domino, and linux. I am not so good with cisco but did work on a 2621 xm and 2950 switch for a month or two.

With linux I remember the very first release of backtracks. Currently have the USB bootable persistent changes with nessus. I have my own PBX in a flash (Cent OS) - spoofing caller ID is great. Black signals my business is the redhat ready partner and I'm working on that cert for RHSA

The reason why I don't have any certs is due to the military not certifying us......so I am being proactive after CEH going for CCNA and then microsoft or redhat.

Your wisdom is invaluable it's almost like we need sponsors for the computer fields now.

Best wishes. If that is what you can get right now, then definitely go for it. If you have that experience, it will be invaluable... my experience is really the only thing that helped me with the exam. I am at one of the points where I have a lot of employer support for certs, so I have been knocking them out... someday that probably won't be the case again, so I am eating it up while I can. Keep your motivation going.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
    I would also add some scripting knowledge would be useful as well, but powerfool's assessment is pretty good.
    Degrees: