70-680 first thing tomorrow AM

mattlee09mattlee09 Member Posts: 205
So...been chugging away at this for almost a month now. I've finished the MS Press book, some TechNet articles, all of Professor Messers vids, and now I'm watching a few of the CBTNuggets to cover some of the stuff I might be weak on.

I feel pretty invincible after passing ICND1 (first Cisco exam), so hopefully this goes just as well (my first MS exam).

But - still have that gut feeling that things are just going to go terribly wrong.

Any last minute advice/put my mind at ease/things I should be sure I know?

Thanks in advance!! Back to icon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gif!

Comments

• PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Do some light studying tonight, nothing heavy. take a look at the exam objectives, maybe review anything not clear. Good luck
  • AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    You should be fine. It sounds like you did a lot of studying for it already and it's really not that difficult.

Good luck.
  • mattlee09mattlee09 Member Posts: 205
    Excellent!! You guys are great at telling me what I want to hear - makes you two my best friends in the world right now :)

I did do quite a bit of studying, and I think I've earned it, so it should be just a formality now. ;)
  • darkerzdarkerz Member Posts: 431 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This will be the hardest exam ever and don't feel bad if you fail, it's only going to silently needle your moral until you pass it.

'Am I doing it right guys!? icon_lol.gif

You'll do fine man, relax and good luck! icon_wink.gif
    :twisted:
  • Lord NikonLord Nikon Member Posts: 115
    Did u take any labs or straight book study with videos?
    "This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch; the beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, ****, lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop me, but you can't stop us all.."

darkerz wrote: »
    This will be the hardest exam ever and don't feel bad if you fail, it's only going to silently needle your moral until you pass it.

'Am I doing it right guys!? icon_lol.gif

You'll do fine man, relax and good luck! icon_wink.gif

LOL! Can't go wrong with making someone laugh! Thanks man

Nikon - I played around on my 7 Pro machine (GP, perfmon, little stuff like that) and did two of the virtual labs on TechNet regarding WAIK/deployments (also watched the deployment/imaging videos twice). So, yeah, pretty much just book/videos. This will be the last exam where I don't do a ton of hands-on labs (due to time constraints of getting this one done...tomorrow.) Definitely think they are well worth the time investment relative to book/videos.
  • ike12ike12 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck. Let us know how you do and how "diffucult" you think it was?

also how well the MSbook is and which videos are most recommended from CBTnuggets? Thanks
    ike12 wrote: »
    Good Luck. Let us know how you do and how "diffucult" you think it was?

also how well the MSbook is and which videos are most recommended from CBTnuggets? Thanks
    I guess you guys can assume that from my lack of ZOMG EPIC WIN post that I failed miserably icon_sad.gif

Really quite disappointed in myself, I was depressed pretty much all of yesterday and not feeling so good today still. I thought that I for sure had prepared myself enough to at least pass with the minimum, so I think my pride/the embarrassment is the worst part (this is my first...and last..fail).

Enough of that sob story though -
    It was considerably harder than I had expected, but nothing outrageous. You've just gotta know your stuff. I should have labbed more of the topics than I did instead of relying on just following along with the examples from the MS Press book.

Not sure about the CBTs yet, going to watch them all the way through then I'll report back. Also probably looking to pick up another book resource (hopefully something more conversational than the Press was).

I should be good to go again by this time next month or a little sooner. Excited to beat the next attempt silly and move on to ICND2.
  • Lord NikonLord Nikon Member Posts: 115
    ahh, sorry man. Best of luck in the next one.
    "This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch; the beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, ****, lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop me, but you can't stop us all.."

• certhelpcerthelp Member Posts: 191
    mattlee09 wrote: »
    I should be good to go again by this time next month or a little sooner. Excited to beat the next attempt silly and move on to ICND2.

Sucks not to pass on first try. Hope you have the free re-take voucher.

Wasn't there a post, a few weeks ago, where someone failed but retook the exam a few days later and passed.

We should have a sticky for the fails (or passes) so people who took exam and failed don't feel bad about posting. A long thread stretching several pages will make it easy for people who didn't pass.
  • XantchaXantcha Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    (this is my first...and last..fail).

Well, no, it wont be, but how it affects you depends on what you do from now. Pick yourself up, see where the weaker areas are from the printout and revise those areas first then go back and kick ass.

Also probably looking to pick up another book resource (hopefully something more conversational than the Press was).

Good idea. You should always study with at least 2 different book resources as either book will not cover all the material needed.

You should also set up a virtual machine to play with. Then you can play/break all you want without affecting your main machine.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Xantcha wrote: »
    Well, no, it wont be,

How would you know that?

Mattlee,
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass.
    Psoasman wrote: »
    How would you know that?

Well, it's exactly what I thought after my first fail.......until the second. I've also seen experts with more certs and exams under their belt than you also walk away with a fail.

It's no big deal. In fact its good to have a fail once in a while. It reminds us that we are only human. My heart goes out to him for getting kicked in the teeth with the first MS exam, I know how he feels.

But my point was, don't spend too much time dwelling on it. Find the weaker areas from the exam report, do more revision concentrating on them and take the exam again and kick butt. icon_study.gificon_cheers.gif
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sorry you didn't pass!! icon_sad.gif

Good luck on next attempt!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
    Xantcha wrote: »
    It's no big deal. In fact its good to have a fail once in a while. It reminds us that we are only human. My heart goes out to him for getting kicked in the teeth with the first MS exam, I know how he feels.
    "My name is J.P. I am a robot." icon_lol.gif

Thanks for all the love guys - I've been introspecting these past few days, but think I'm ready to get back on the proverbial horse and knock this one out.

Should be that much sweeter of a victory!

Thanks again, probably going to re-schedule for the middle of May after I finish the new content and do all the labs I can. icon_cheers.gif