Planning my Route starting with 70-680, a little help?

Lord NikonLord Nikon Member Posts: 115
So I am all setup for my test in 3 weeks for win 7, I figured because of what my IT job is and it seems I will go with 686 next

Which will get me MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7 cert.

Then from there, I am not sure where to go.

My B.S. Degree that I am finishing up in 2012 will be in ISS. So any suggestions?

I like the Admin side of things so I was thinking about taking the MCITP: Enterprise Administrator path... any advice on that path? good books? etc?

But I do enjoy the security side as well... any suggestions for that path?
"This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch; the beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, ****, lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop me, but you can't stop us all.."

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you're gonna go forthe MCITP:EA then I'd wait to get books until the new MS Press books come out this summer. If you can't hold out til then Sybex just put out a book covering the first 3 exams 70-640, 643, and 643 Amazon.com: MCTS: Windows Server 2008 R2 Complete Study Guide (Exams 70-640, 70-642 and 70-643) (9780470948460): William Panek: Books but I'dwait til the reviews come out on that book. The Sybex books on Server 2008 were a little weak in my opinion.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Lord NikonLord Nikon Member Posts: 115
    "This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch; the beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, ****, lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop me, but you can't stop us all.."

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yeah, the new edition is supposed to be out this summer. They keep changing the release date for the first book (70-640). The old books are good but they don't cover R2 and some of the newer technologies MS tests on like Direct Access and a few others.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    earweed wrote: »
    Yeah, the new edition is supposed to be out this summer. They keep changing the release date for the first book (70-640). The old books are good but they don't cover R2 and some of the newer technologies MS tests on like Direct Access and a few others.

good point, I will wait. is there a preorder link from Amazon?

I cant seem to find a preorder link... but in searching I did find this book

MCTS: Windows Server 2008 R2 Complete Study Guide (Exams 70-640, 70-642 and 70-643)

Will that book due? There is no reviews, anyone use that?

• RJC20RJC20 Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    If you're gonna go forthe MCITP:EA then I'd wait to get books until the new MS Press books come out this summer. If you can't hold out til then Sybex just put out a book covering the first 3 exams 70-640, 643, and 643 Amazon.com: MCTS: Windows Server 2008 R2 Complete Study Guide (Exams 70-640, 70-642 and 70-643) (9780470948460): William Panek: Books but I'dwait til the reviews come out on that book. The Sybex books on Server 2008 were a little weak in my opinion.

Where'd you look to determine when R2 is coming out?

I was going to buy the set too... but can wait... just was wondering where to monitor that release.
  • TimelordTimelord Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□