Confused :( CCNP Route

mzbagasramzbagasra Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
icon_study.gif

Currently watching CBT Nuggets Route. What should I read? any recommendations? Please help.

Ppl who have passed ROUTE, how was it? Just it was easy \ good \ difficult \ bad... :)

Please give me recommendations. Currently using GNS3 and building my own lab.

Currently own 2 x 3550's, 1 x 2600, 1 x 831 <-- will 831 help me?

Thanks.
icon_exclaim.gif

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    mzbagasra wrote: »
    What should I read?
    You should start with the Cisco Press ROUTE Foundation Learning Guide, and then follow it up with the ROUTE Certification Guide.

For extra credit you can also read Doyle's Routing TCP/IP Volumes -- or at least parts of them for any topic you want additional clarification.

There's also available from Cisco Press the Portable Command Reference, Probably a Lab Guide, some Quick Reference Sheets, Flash cards, etc...

You can see everything Cisco Press would love to sell you for the CCNP on this page -- but the FLG and Cert Guide are probably the two you definitely want.
    Customers and Markets > About CCNP
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • mzbagasramzbagasra Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks. how much time I should give for this exam?
  • JZegersJZegers Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    the cbt route was amazing at how much info it included....best one they have for CCNP by far
  • mzbagasramzbagasra Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi, what's the best way to learn from cbt nuggets videos? Take notes and build the labs by myself? I don't have the scenarios Jeremy worked in the video's? Does anyone know where can I get it? Thanks.
  • ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hi, what's the best way to learn from cbt nuggets videos? Take notes and build the labs by myself? I don't have the scenarios Jeremy worked in the video's? Does anyone know where can I get it? Thanks.
    All of his ROUTE labs were done in GNS3. He shows a picture of the topology for each one, so they aren't hard to recreate.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    thanks. how much time I should give for this exam?

That all depends on how well you retain the knowledge and how much time you have that you can invest. If you have no other responsibilities it could take a short amount of time, however if you have a family and other things to worry about it will take much longer.
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison